No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joke: During the height of OIF... And IED casualties at an all time high...President Bush was sitting in the oval office...a staffer came running in...Mr President..."Brazilian soldiers were killed today by IED blast"...Prez Bush turned pale white and laid his head in his hands...after a few minutes he lifted his head up and said, "I forget"..." How many is a Brazillion?"

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Joke: During the height of OIF... And IED casualties at an all time high...President Bush was sitting in the oval office...a staffer came running in...Mr President..."Brazilian soldiers were killed today by IED blast"...Prez Bush turned pale white and laid his head in his hands...after a few minutes he lifted his head up and said, "I forget"..." How many is a Brazillion?"
      That one never gets old hahaha

Comment

Just say no to post-spamming lol

Comment

Anybody shoot anything lately?

Comment

I shot a branch last time I was out that was supposed to be a sleeping pig.

Comment

I'm going this evening.

Comment

In headed out tonight onto some private land.

Comment

Saw several deer today but no hogs yet.... if I were hunting deer I'd see nothing but hogs!

Came up on a Coopers Hawk hunting a squirrel, I was going to go after the squirrel but I figured the Hawk needed it more than I did!

Comment

That's usually how it goes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Is the only access to the primitive campground through hiking in 3 miles or taking a boat?

Im looking at one map and there is a road to it but the site says you have to hike in...

Id rather camp out there than the main campgrounds but im not feeling a 3 mile hike every morning..
                      You're right there is a road in but it is gated off. If you know some of the cuts it is about 3.5 miles. Hike in and camp for the weekend, hunt hard, and then hike out. Game cart in truck just in case you end up with a good sized pig. You can pre-stage some of the heavier stuff at the water treatment plant gates.
                      Last edited by Wudstix; 03-25-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Saw 30 pigs tonight and missed a 40 yard shot. I estimated 30 and shot under his chest. It was a 140ish pound boar.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          Saw 30 pigs tonight and missed a 40 yard shot. I estimated 30 and shot under his chest. It was a 140ish pound boar.
                          So that's where all the pigs are...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                            So that's where all the pigs are...lol
                            It was crazy. I saw ten and then pigs came out of the briars everywhere!

Comment

I'm on my way back to the truck now.. this whole thread is a pack of filthy lies and I am disappointed by the character of the people who have posted here.
                              There are zero pigs at Granger... lol

Comment

Well I ranged all over Granger hoofing it for almost 10 miles but I couldn't seal the deal to join the ranks of the Granger Rangers..

Saw a ton of deer, and a nice bobcat but no pigs...

I will be back though....

Lessons learned-

1- Granger has lots of water that you have to go around. And some flowing water that you can't go around. A set of hip waders in my pack would have shaved off a few miles. My Saloman boots are comfy and well broken in now but their "waterproof" "impermeable" membrane did not work so well (picture Dr Evil saying that)
                                2- Move little, look much! I blew out a few deer well before I should have moving too fast.. My still hunting needs work. I suck at sitting still and I'm almost as bad at moving slow.
                                3- Kifaru packs are amazing. Get one, they are worth every penny.
                                4- A trekking pole makes a pretty acceptable binoculars monopod for quick glassing from the top of the dam. Which leads to the next lesson
                                5- I need better binoculars. My Vortex Diamondback 10x42 are acceptable, but not much more than that. A set of Viper HDs or something in that range is on my list of things to buy...
                                6- Take Wudstix's advise and camp in Primitive... The 10pm quiet time is not well observed by the RV crowd.
                                7- Don't take TBH breaks! If I hadn't have been checking TBH while sitting on a hill that big bobcat wouldn't have gotten the drop on me and my wife and I would be eating p***y tonight. Lol
                                8- There are no pigs at Granger. Probably no deer during deer season either...
                                Last edited by Jspradley; 03-27-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X