"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Sorry to misspake...I was naked and ready to go streaking...with an orange hat and vest on.
    Paint you some tiger stripes on you and you'll be good to go. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Sorry to misspake...I was naked and ready to go streaking...with an orange hat and vest on.
      So that was you I saw. I hope your washing you a** before you head out to the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
        Reminder to all newbie hog hunters, orange hat and vest/top is required. Not camoing your face/neck/hands makes you still stick out like a sore thumb, so you might as well be safe. Saw two without today.
        JIM, since granger is a non permit lake, as per the army corps of engineers head park ranger and the website for granger lake, it is not required to legally wear hunter orange while hog hunting, only recommended, now during the draw whitetail hunts it is required by tpwd because it's governed by tpwd...however with all these people hinting, I wear mine...hog hunting

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
          JIM, since granger is a non permit lake, as per the army corps of engineers head park ranger and the website for granger lake, it is not required to legally wear hunter orange while hog hunting, only recommended, now during the draw whitetail hunts it is required by tpwd because it's governed by tpwd...however with all these people hinting, I wear mine...hog hunting
          Wrong Chief, you must wear orange. We've been through this a million times; probably in this thread.

Comment

I spoke to the head ranger during our deer hunt orientation, he also put it out then....not legally required only recommended for hog hunting. It is required by tpwd during the post card deer hunts yes...
            Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 12-23-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I'm right your wrong!

Comment

If u like you can call the corps office at the dam and talk to Brandon, the head park ranger.

Comment

Or look at your public hunting lands booklet, granger is not a permit lake, so hunter orange is only recommended, that's why Joel Campos doesn't ask about or enforce hunter orange at granger, it is smart to wear it, and I do recommend wearing orange, it's just not law!

Comment

Rat stay in bertram! Lol this is my lake...hahaha

Comment

I will be wearing orange during the extreme hunt, and u can mandate that for safety and I agree..not law though. However it would suck to be killed or wounded by arrow and broadhead, yes I will be wearing orange.

Comment

Okay Chief...

The book (and therefore the LAW) reads that hunter orange is required ANYTIME firearms are permitted for the taking of game. Granger has a squirrel season open all year (never closed) and it is legal to take squirrel with a shotgun ALL YEAR!

Therefore, Hunter Orange must be worn AT ALL TIMES!

Orange is not required during the draw hunts because all other hunting is suspended (ie, no squirrel hunting with a shotgun), therefore orange is not required.

ALL other times orange is required! I don't care what Joel says, the rangers say, your brother...THE LAW is clear on this.

It is MY MUTHER****ING LAKE!

Anytime you are hunting Granger other than the special draw hunts Orange is required, period.

Comment

I was sitting on my chair in the bushes waiting for something to stick itself on my arrow. I hear shotguns close by so i orange all up so they might see me better and i begin to think. Dear supposedly don't see orange. If my camo gear has me blended in with the trees, the dear don't see me. So when i put my orange on, what they see? A shape of nothing where my vest is? If so, that just throws camo out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
                            I was sitting on my chair in the bushes waiting for something to stick itself on my arrow. I hear shotguns close by so i orange all up so they might see me better and i begin to think. Dear supposedly don't see orange. If my camo gear has me blended in with the trees, the dear don't see me. So when i put my orange on, what they see? A shape of nothing where my vest is? If so, that just throws camo out the door.
                            They don't see 'nothing', they just don't see Orange. I have a friend who is red/blue color blind and he says anything red or orange to him looks like shades of gray. A hunter orange vest to him just looks like a light gray vest. This is also how deer see orange, to a degree. There has been a ton of research on how deer see colors; google is your friend.

Comment

Not to rub it in, but, since this comes up ALL THE TIME!

From the map booklet, Page xi
                              Hunter Orange• fails to visibly wear at least 400 square inches of hunter
                              orange material with orange headwear and at least
                              144 square inches appearing on both chest and back during
                              daylight hours at times when hunting with firearms is permitted
                              Exempt from these requirements are: (1) authorized
                              department personnel and landowner employees, (2) persons
                              hunting turkey or migratory game birds, (3) persons within
                              the enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle,
                              (4) persons within a designated campground, designated
                              vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility or
                              departmental check station, and (5) persons other than
                              hunters on COE properties.
                              NOTICE to archery hunters and recreational users: You must
                              wear hunter orange during daylight hours at any time when
                              firearm hunting for any species is authorized on the unit.
                              Many units allow firearm hunting year-round for rabbits, and
                              firearm hunts for squirrel and dove often are conducted
                              concurrently with archery deer hunts.

NOTICE to archery hunters and recreational users: You must
                              wear hunter orange during daylight hours at any time when
                              firearm hunting for any species is authorized on the unit
                              Many units allow firearm hunting year-round for rabbits, and
                              firearm hunts for squirrel and dove often are conducted
                              concurrently with archery deer hunts.

From the map booklet, Page 91

As you can see, orange is required anytime firearms are permitted, and they are permitted all year long at Granger for one thing or another (squirrel, rabbit, coyote).

Chief, I will gladly accept a 12 pack of Shiner Bock in lieu of an apology.
                              Last edited by Rat; 12-23-2015, 01:56 PM. Reason: #grangerorange

Comment

Well, waddya know; it was in this thread after all!

Post #8401

When will y'all learn to not question me? Remember, Chuck Norris comes to me for advice!

Comment

Working...
                                X