"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
    If I'm sitting in my pop up blind hunting deer, hogs, and anything else that shows up, can my puppy sit with me or is that a no no?
    There's no law against sitting with your puppy, but good luck keeping it quiet and still while trying to get a kill.

Comment

Lol...i might trade the bow for a camera. It might be easier to shoot vids and take pics than trying to get a deer to come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
        I got this one this afternoon between gate 6 and 7.
        Congrats and good shot! You didnt go for your patented Texas heart shot on this one

Comment

Congrats carnage....man looks like crossbows and trad bows are killin it out there...When was the last time someone got one with a compound. ..by the time I pull back and refocus through peep they're gone...I need to start practicing with my recurve more

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
            Congrats carnage....man looks like crossbows and trad bows are killin it out there...When was the last time someone got one with a compound. ..by the time I pull back and refocus through peep they're gone...I need to start practicing with my recurve more
            We got two last week

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              We got two last week
              Nice... and I'm new to hunting in general, and just picked up a bow less than 2 years ago specifically to hunt granger, so I know I still have a lot to learn...I'm 36 but mine as well be a 12 year old walking around there with my skill level haha

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                Nice... and I'm new to hunting in general, and just picked up a bow less than 2 years ago specifically to hunt granger, so I know I still have a lot to learn...I'm 36 but mine as well be a 12 year old walking around there with my skill level haha
                Time and practice man! Its always nice to have new hunters out and enjoying the sport we all love. Personally I like hunting out of a stand out there...you dont see as many hogs but the ones you do you almost always get a GOOD shot at. Not a running shot or a shot through more brush than you should ever try a shot through. Both pigs shot were killed from a tree stand while deer hunting Now I have heard from some on here theres no way you can kill a Granger pig ouy of a stand. One first thing in the morning and one about 5 in the evening. Good luck out there

Comment

Time and practice man! Its always nice to have new hunters out and enjoying the sport we all love. Personally I like hunting out of a stand out there...you dont see as many hogs but the ones you do you almost always get a GOOD shot at. Not a running shot or a shot through more brush than you should ever try a shot through. Both pigs shot were killed from a tree stand while deer hunting Now I have heard from some on here theres no way you can kill a Granger pig ouy of a stand.[emoji14] One first thing in the morning and one about 5 in the evening. Good luck out there
                  I've head shot a Granger hog out of a treestand. Euro mounted it. Check the profile pig.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                    I've head shot a Granger hog out of a treestand. Euro mounted it. Check the profile pig.
                    Sweet shot and I have always liked that Euro! You do it yourself?

Comment

Sweet shot and I have always liked that Euro! You do it yourself?
                      Yep, they are cake to do if you start them with a fresh kill.

Comment

Good job Carnage!

Sweet lookin euro mount AdventureBoy....I like how you left the arrow. Ive got a fresh deer head on a fireant mound under a metal cattle trough right now. Worked pretty well last year...it took about 3-4 weeks for the ants and maggots to do their job.

Jackster...Hunting with a dog...is hunting with a dog....no matter the age of the dog. I wouldnt chance it. Saw the game warden heading east on FM 971 yesterday.

The time and temp are bout right for this guy. See yall in the woods.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-21-2015, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                          Yep, they are cake to do if you start them with a fresh kill.
                          Nice work man! I do all my own as well...little bit of nasty work but well worth it.

Comment

Another one today same spot around 8:30AM
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hell yeah. If anyone want to learn to hog hunt, this is the guy. Great day to be hog hunting with the strong winds to reduce sound.

Comment

Carnage livin up to his name....

Comment

Working...
                                X