No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and Comehere deer went hunting today near the steps across the river. We saw two different groups of hogs coming from different directions. Comehere deer shot one first with his xbow about 30 yards and connects. The hog that got shot jumps and moved, but the rest of the group was calm after 5 seconds. I decided to close the distance and sneak in a little closer because I brought my recurve instead of Xbow. One big hog got closer as much as 15 yards, and another hog was walking towards me. I was waiting for the big hog to give me a broad side shot, but before that it winded me and took off. The hog that walking towards me stops about 18 yards and I let that arrow fly but went under it. They all took off after that so we started tracking blood but not enough to find the hog.

Comment

dang

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
      Me and Comehere deer went hunting today near the steps across the river. We saw two different groups of hogs coming from different directions. Comehere deer shot one first with his xbow about 30 yards and connects. The hog that got shot jumps and moved, but the rest of the group was calm after 5 seconds. I decided to close the distance and sneak in a little closer because I brought my recurve instead of Xbow. One big hog got closer as much as 15 yards, and another hog was walking towards me. I was waiting for the big hog to give me a broad side shot, but before that it winded me and took off. The hog that walking towards me stops about 18 yards and I let that arrow fly but went under it. They all took off after that so we started tracking blood but not enough to find the hog.
      Very cool. Seems like the hog ran and laid up. Thanks for all the info and guidance when we went out that week by the old boat launch. Looking forward to hunting again with you (and the group). I've been trying to practice more with my new arrows and that old cracked tooth I've got, but my tooth will get fixed soon, who knows if my aim will ever get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
        Carnage, we will get them next time as you stated that was the first time we seen and hogs in the relaxed state out at Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          water treatment plant, head East/NE
          You mean west....if u head east from water plant it puts u inside the park...unless hes just sight seeing or birdwatching...lol

Comment

This is Dirty. As you can see, well maybe you've heard the stories.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rickys View Post
              this is dirty. As you can see, well maybe you've heard the stories.
              lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                You mean west....if u head east from water plant it puts u inside the park...unless hes just sight seeing or birdwatching...lol
                Give me a break, I am dyslexic! I do everything backwards.

Ricky you got it coming old man.......

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                  This is Dirty. As you can see, well maybe you've heard the stories.
                  Classic!

Comment

Give me a break, I am dyslexic! I do everything backwards...
                    That explains why you get lost in the woods all the time.

Comment

To bait or not bait..

How far do pigs roam?
                      I'm wondering because I was out at a site today at work and was trying to find some sign of deer and/ or pigs but didn't see any. The landscape is semi-rocky and lots of dead trees, there are some spots that are clear. So I'm wondering if I start baiting the area would I be wasting money and time. The area is between lime creek rd. and Anderson Mill rd. in Leander.

Comment

Originally posted by PflugerB0w View Post
                        How far do pigs roam?
                        I'm wondering because I was out at a site today at work and was trying to find some sign of deer and/ or pigs but didn't see any. The landscape is semi-rocky and lots of dead trees, there are some spots that are clear. So I'm wondering if I start baiting the area would I be wasting money and time. The area is between lime creek rd. and Anderson Mill rd. in Leander.
                        IMHO, bait and wait. there may not be pigs there yet, but there's wildlife. Set up a cam on the bait.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                          IMHO, bait and wait. there may not be pigs there yet, but there's wildlife. Set up a cam on the bait.
                          Thanks Ricky..maybe I'll get an early Christmas present, game cam, and see what happens. Would be cool to have a hidden little spot(s). Maybe I'll set up the same deal in some other places. Now I just have a concern about getting in trouble, but I will revert to the saying "its easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission" but maybe not with the government (it is city/ county property). Who knows.

Comment

Carnage and I will be headed out tomorrow morning starting at the steps at daylight and headed to the spot. Sneaky, Texas Firefighter any and all are welcome. We say one sow the other night that went 200 plus and quit a few other good pigs that night. It will be nice and cool in the morning so come on out and let beat some brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
                              Carnage and I will be headed out tomorrow morning starting at the steps at daylight and headed to the spot. Sneaky, Texas Firefighter any and all are welcome. We say one sow the other night that went 200 plus and quit a few other good pigs that night. It will be nice and cool in the morning so come on out and let beat some brush.
                              I envy you. Man I miss roaming all over granger chasing tail. Kids cut into hunting time. With that said, looks like RickyS and my family will be camping at the PC after our redneck friends redneck wedding. Figured we will aready be in camo so why not do it right and make a camp and hunt after the wedding. Anyone up for a meat and potatos camp next weekend? We will be there. If any land locked people need a ride we can shuttle you to the camp and across the river. Only cost you a beer or two.

Comment

I envy you. looks like RickyS and my family will be camping at the PC after our redneck friends redneck wedding.
                                My wife tore up this weekends kitchen pass Thursday. That's rare but it happened. Can't wait till next weekend. See y'all in 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X