No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt know you were talking about pistols, sorry bout that. But, as you may know, there is no open carry for pistols in TX, even on state parks... However, open carry allowed is on private property. It would be nice to open carry on Granger or while hunting PHLs. I would rather open carry when I hunt, thats how I hunt in VA. Easier access for tense situations.

Comment

Valid point TXNC... Its been a while, hope all is well. Jay is in Afghan and may be comin home soon. We need to run some hogs this winter again. LOL!

I totally forgot that I told you about the GW and he was the "mean" one out of the two down there... LOL!

And hence the reason why I have a Summit tree stand and no game cams on PHLs... I have heard of waaaaaaaaaay too many stories of lovely people like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
        Valid point TXNC... Its been a while, hope all is well. Jay is in Afghan and may be comin home soon. We need to run some hogs this winter again. LOL!

I totally forgot that I told you about the GW and he was the "mean" one out of the two down there... LOL!

And hence the reason why I have a Summit tree stand and no game cams on PHLs... I have heard of waaaaaaaaaay too many stories of lovely people like that...
        Let's do it.......As soon as it gets colder....I'm down bro...

Comment

If ur number hasnt changed, I still have urs. I will definately will hit u up this winter!

Comment

If ur number hasnt changed, I still have urs. I will definately will hit u up this winter!
            512920.....is this the one u have....it's still good..

Comment

Yup. Mine is still the 254319.... hit me up whenever u want sling at some hogs... hopefully Jay wont go running after that fatty again. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                I remember this story you told me, army corps of engineers says you cant on federal property but twpd says u can......park Rangers aren't going to ask u...and the game warden probably wouldn't either but it would be cool to let him know....better to ask for forgiveness in this scenario..imo....never know who or what could happen out there after dark...I talked with another hunter and he said there was some guy walking around with a duffel bag out there...not hunting...He said he was squirrel hunting and the guy just walked past and looked the other way...I am assuming looking for game cams.to pawn.....fyi
                this is how I understand it as well

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                  And I didn't think they allowed chl out there, but I guess gw would know
                  Didnt know you were talking about pistols, sorry bout that. But, as you may know, there is no open carry for pistols in TX, even on state parks... However, open carry allowed is on private property. It would be nice to open carry on Granger or while hunting PHLs. I would rather open carry when I hunt, thats how I hunt in VA. Easier access for tense situations.
                  Thanks for response, I guess I need to either get my chl or get better with my knife skills , I strap on two different 6" knives on me but I hope it never gets that intimate with an aggressor haha

Comment

I think the rule changed that you can carry on federal parkland, but no decision has been made if WMA's count. Give me something to look up at the law office when I'm bored at work......

Comment

Originally posted by quickerNu View Post
                      I think the rule changed that you can carry on federal parkland, but no decision has been made if WMA's count. Give me something to look up at the law office when I'm bored at work......
                      cool let us know what you dig up

Comment

I just had a random thought. If somebody brings vanilla tequila to GRXH, will there be deer hanging around Dirty in his hammock all the next day?

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                          I just had a random thought. If somebody brings vanilla tequila to GRXH, will there be deer hanging around Dirty in his hammock all the next day?

Haha lmao, don't use me as a feeder old man

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                            Thanks for response, I guess I need to either get my chl or get better with my knife skills , I strap on two different 6" knives on me but I hope it never gets that intimate with an aggressor haha
                            I have been walked into plenty of pigs out there and many other places and have never had one charge me or even act aggressive. most the the pigs out there have their nikes on when they see you so I think you will be ok

I know when I was drawn a couple years ago somebody asked Derrick if you could carry and the answer was no...

Comment

Tpwd Game warden trumps a tpwd biologist. And even when Trey Carpenter and Johnny cathey were running the program they said carry on....Derrick is a pawn...sorry. that's why he didn't give those 10 spots up for standby...logical to give them to public hunters yes..Trey would have held a standby...just saying...

Comment

We carry not because of pigs.......because of crazy people...just so u know...pigs have nothing to do with what we're talking about...

Comment

Working...
                                X