No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I give a **** about those Granger ****s. What the kill total 4?

Comment

The pressure will be a good thing for the hunters to get the deer on their feet. As hard as the bucks are running now they will be latest up and tired by then and not moving till late at night.

Can't wait for that weekend. Gonna be fun! Meat and potatoes boys!!!

Comment

Watching rattlesnake republic on Netflix and this guy hunting granger lake and saying the island is hard to find and no one goes there cause of oll the rattlers is hilarious.
        Come on man. Us hog hunters hunt all that area.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          Watching rattlesnake republic on Netflix and this guy hunting granger lake and saying the island is hard to find and no one goes there cause of oll the rattlers is hilarious.
          Come on man. Us hog hunters hunt all that area.
          i seen that to,what a **** lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            Awesome, good to see we will have a group. Looking forward to it.
            I'm a group. I'll be there.

Comment

Gotta check the schedule, but should be able to come out that weekend as well. Sounds like it might be quite the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                Gotta check the schedule, but should be able to come out that weekend as well. Sounds like it might be quite the crowd.
                I will more than likely be in attendance as well.

Oh, and if anyone wants to meet up with me today (Wednesday's are my work from home day, so I start the day early so I can cut out early), I will be at Granger by 3:30pm to hit a few spots up until dark. I'd love to have a swine slaying buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                  Like I give a **** about those Granger ****s. What the kill total 4?
                  Nothing like having a little respect for your fellow granger hunters huh . Think the kill total is pushing 30 deer now and several of us have our buck tags. Me and the other two hunters on our card have had ours since the end of oct. We show the hog hunters respect and hopefully us deer hunters get some in return...I know most on here are more than respectful when they see other hunters. Crod is right though the rut will be over and the big boys will be laid up so the more people out pushing the thick stuff the better! hopefully I will be out chasin them buy then too! There are plenty of them our this year.

Comment

Brothers, y'all missed out! If one of you would have joined me we would have been taking home pork. I stalked up to within 20 yards of a huge pack of hogs, but I just couldn't get a clear shot through the brush an really needed a partner to help me execute a pincer attack. Despite not getting a shot off, it was super fun stalking up on such a large group!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                      Brothers, y'all missed out! If one of you would have joined me we would have been taking home pork. I stalked up to within 20 yards of a huge pack of hogs, but I just couldn't get a clear shot through the brush an really needed a partner to help me execute a pincer attack. Despite not getting a shot off, it was super fun stalking up on such a large group!
                      Sounds like a good time man! Sucks you didn't get a shot off but always nice to see sone hogs out there. They always seem to be in the thickest of **** out there

Comment

Nightstalker hopefully you see this in response to the message you sent me. I cant reply because I am a new member.

Thank you so much for the advice, t is very helpfully and greatly appreciated.
                        I have tried the walking the trail method and only come across deer. That is normally what I do every time is try to slowly creep along and hopefully spot one.
                        I did camp at the primitive before and try the baiting but I noticed what you said and they only come after it at night.
                        My next trip out will have to be centered around the spots that you have recommended. I purchased a hog call from bass pro shops (I thought it sounded far fetched, but it was cheap and I have a small amount on a gift card I needed to use). The reviews said it lured hogs in fairly well so I plan to give it a try.
                        Again, thank you so much for the advice that you have given me, your time is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                          Where exactly where you??? Lol

Comment

I'm planning to stop by on the Holiday weekend in January.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                              Where exactly where you??? Lol
                              Hang on, let me dig up those GPS coords and post em' up.

Comment

Anybody braving the cold to chase some pigs this weekend? I'm thinking about it. Think they'll be laid up all day?

Comment

Working...
                                X