No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was fishing at the steps last night and some one open fire at some pigs at that private property and 5 min latter I have pigs all around me at about 30yrds, 10 to 15 big ones and a ton of babies. This doesn't happen when I'm out there hunting!!!

Comment

It's about time to give the pigs a break and lure them into a false sense of security, then spice up wallows when it gets warm.

For those of you who haven't hunted Granger in the hot months, it's INSANE, but it can produce good hogs if you change up your hunting style.

I'm focusing mainly on fishing whites and largemouths, the black drum run at the coast, getting ranch work done, turkey hunts, etc. Those piggies aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Hey fellas, I've been stalking the forum and decided to sign up recently. I'm living here in San Marcos, south of Austin and was hoping to go up to Granger on the weekends. I'm pretty new to hunting so I've been learning off of you guys without yall knowing!

Anyways, Just letting yall know ill be around from now on if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
          I was fishing at the steps last night and some one open fire at some pigs at that private property and 5 min latter I have pigs all around me at about 30yrds, 10 to 15 big ones and a ton of babies. This doesn't happen when I'm out there hunting!!!
          That's crazy!! I saw lot's of fresh signs other side of river while fishing last week.

How were the white bass?? My experience tells me the run is about over.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            Rode out around the lake today. Looks like several fields are planted already. Maybe a big factor in not seeing any hogs or new sign today. Those hogs chew up that new seed.
            Heard from a good source they already did the helicopter hunt.

Comment

How did you do fishing? It's been kinda slow the last couple of times I've hit it.

Originally posted by Zipshod View Post
              Heard from a good source they already did the helicopter hunt.
              Really? It's normally pretty obvious when they do it. People spot them and theres carnage left behind for everyone to see. If they did it, I don't think they were very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                How did you do fishing? It's been kinda slow the last couple of times I've hit it.

Really? It's normally pretty obvious when they do it. People spot them and theres carnage left behind for everyone to see. If they did it, I don't think they were very successful.
                I was told 2-3 weeks ago. I had same thoughts as you but my source is pretty reliable.

Comment

That's crazy!! I saw lot's of fresh signs other side of river while fishing last week.

Only 2 keepers and 5 or 6 little ones

Comment

Only 2 keepers and 5 or 6 little ones
                    I caught a few keepers yesterday with NavyChief, and now feel like an idiot for forgetting to call Birddog. Sorry, homie.

Comment

Originally posted by Yudibee View Post
                      Hey fellas, I've been stalking the forum and decided to sign up recently. I'm living here in San Marcos, south of Austin and was hoping to go up to Granger on the weekends. I'm pretty new to hunting so I've been learning off of you guys without yall knowing!

Anyways, Just letting yall know ill be around from now on if you don't mind.
                      Welcome, pull up a log and sit down at the fire. Perhaps we'll meet in the woods or at next years Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt.
                      Do't get up there much but will post up when I plan a trip.

Avatar shows the fruits of this year GRXH, Yee HAWWWGGG!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by Wudstix; 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Well, I am getting out of town for the day tomorrow. Going to bring my recurve and a kayak. Besides the $48 permit, will I need anything else???

I have never been out there, but going to check out some new country. If anyone wants to meet up shoot me a text or message here, 940.736.eight seven nine seven.

Trevor

Comment

A buddy & I spent three hours out there today. We saw about 5-7 hogs (2-3 medium sized and a few babies) behind the PC, close to the back fence. One was about 20 yards from me but I wasn't able to get a shot off in time before she was gone. Two weeks ago I got bamboozled at a lease in San Marcos (Charles Gould) & a few days ago I drove to Floresville, TX where I didn't see any, either. I'm awfully angry at these hogs.

Comment

Trevor- you need to wear an orange vest & orange hat, also.

Comment

I was told 2-3 weeks ago. I had same thoughts as you but my source is pretty reliable.
                              No helo hunt this year......

Comment

Granger can be wing shooting for hogs at times, other times you run right up to them and they try to hide in a briar patch.

Comment

Working...
                                X