"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
    Put some pork on the ground guys. Or do you all need to switch to longbow?
    Funny that you mention that as Tracker and Carnage we both shooting instintive,Tracker has a custom built Long bow from some guy that donated it to him AWESOME and Carnage was using his recurve.
    I need not tellyou I watched Tracker shoot a squirrel in a tree yesterday and made a great shot and Carnage is a pretty awesome shot also.

Comment

Headed out. Not sure where I'm gonna hit yet. Anyone else out and about

Comment

Yep, another perfect day to bag mister hog. Heavy dew, overcast and damp, and the wind got up too, to cover the sound of your foot steps. Regretfully, I have chores around the house to catch up on.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
          Went behind dam today no hogs, and came across three hispanic males out there hunting with a rifle, looked like a 30 30 or a 45 70, they spoke broken english and told myself and pig addict that the rifle was for protection only because one did have a crossbow...none of them had orange on, I doubt they had id or a license and def not an aph permit, I guess anyone can just hunt granger without orange or a license or aph permit, and poach whatever u want, this is the second time ive seen someone out there with a rifle..
          Did you see what they were driving by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
            No, we didn't. The parking lot was out of sight when we crossed paths.

Comment

[QUOTE=bloodtrailer28;9381756]txtyler you find your hog? cant believe there wasn't more blood spilled today was a perfect day to be out.

Txnavy
              sucks hearing all the reports of the poaching going on out there. Its getting a little out of hand and has been going on for awhile.[/QUOTE

Sorry for the delayed response. We never found him. I know it was a great shot as i saw him trot off with my arrow, but those bigguns won't go down easy...

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                No. We passed them by at the pecan grove..

Comment

Sound like good times out there guys...glad to see y'all saw action out there even though it was by three cabeleros haha

Comment

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
                    Funny that you mention that as Tracker and Carnage we both shooting instintive,Tracker has a custom built Long bow from some guy that donated it to him AWESOME and Carnage was using his recurve.
                    I need not tellyou I watched Tracker shoot a squirrel in a tree yesterday and made a great shot and Carnage is a pretty awesome shot also.
                    Most excellent!!!! Hope to see them at GRXH this year. Stick bow is perfect for fast shooting and not having to "aim" just look the arrow in to the critter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                      Most excellent!!!! Hope to see them at GRXH this year. Stick bow is perfect for fast shooting and not having to "aim" just look the arrow in to the critter.
                      Agreed

Comment

nice hog

Comment

So who's thinking hogs this weekend? I keep hearing buddies say deer hunting is supposed to be great because of the moon phase but I'm feeling like another drive to Granger.

Comment

me and my brother will be there 6 am sharp Saturday rain or shine.since its my first time its more about checking the area out and were to go ect..
                            I see yall run into poachers alot there.Is a orange vest and hat enough to stand out?Also I take it for granite to check with the game warden or park ranger about chl before tucking in side arm.

Comment

Timing will be tricky this weekend. supposed to storm big Saturday afternoon, but be sunny (and muddy) on Sunday. I suppose it will be overcast Saturday morning before the storms move in,

Comment

weather guys are always wrong around here,i hope,

Comment

Working...
                                X