"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    Great hunt today. Walked with pig addiction today. Walked up on an area he thought would hold pigs. As we both walked on the side of a thin thicket I saw this pig stand up and as I drew he turned and headed right to me. When he got within 5-7 yards he turned just enough for me to stick him. He ran about 200 yards but we had solid blood all the way to him.
    I want to give a special thanks to pig addiction for helping me out and also for showing me how much meat you really can get from a big hog when you have the right equipment/facilities and the know how.
    He really is a class act and a lot of fun. Can't wait to hunt again with him soon.
    You didn't happen to save his skull dif you? He looks to have some nice cutters. I could euro mount it for you if you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Knowing Chris, he's probably busy dragging a 350# boar to 7 right now.
      See, Chris!? I had a premonition!

Congrats to you on a great kill, and to Pig Addiction for the excellent processing skills!! I met him recently and concur that he seems like a great guy!

Ahh, the bloodiness of this thread pleases me greatly.

Comment

Finally a chance to chime in.
        Yep, it was a really good hunt. We hit the 4 or 5 spots that I go to every time. I had been trying to get a good stalk on What looked like the same pig for several weeks in the last thicket. I told Chris, "see that stump up there? If a pig is in there, he'll bust out right there". I went on the other side. I was hoping that it would come out on my side of course.
        You guys know the rest.

We drug it to 7 and hiked back to 6 to the trucks, drove back around and loaded him up. Chris went to Walmart for butcher paper while I headed to the house with the pig. When Chris got there , I had the pig already lifted up with the tractor. We got busy and a couple of hours and beers later, it was cut and wrapped. It had gotten a lot colder and my hands were freezing, but we got it done.
        Chris gave me most of the meat. Thanks Chris. Sausage coming soon.

Chris left out the part where I introduced him to my pet wild pig, "Jackson". They were really bonding there for a while. Ironic! I wonder if Jackson would have felt the same if he knew what a pig slayer Chris is.
        Chris, maybe you can share a pic.
        Last edited by PigAddiction; 01-29-2014, 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
          Pig addiction you need to share your processing technique with us.
          Excerpt from an earlier post:
          If any of you guys score a big hog, save you $ on processing. Bring it to my house. I'll raise it up with the tractor bucket and have it skinned cut up and wrapped in about an hour.
          I'm 25 mins. from gate 7. Aka horse barn.

Go get that big pig and I'll just show you.

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
            No luck on finding the big pig you hit yesterday?
            On the way back to the truck with Chris yesterday, we found a pig head about 30 yards from the last spot where I saw the pig that I shot. It had be cut off and the body taken. It appeared to be the same in size and color. I don't know if I would go as far as saying that it was my pig but it's certainly a possibility. I threw the head in the briars for collection later anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
              On the way back to the truck with Chris yesterday, we found a pig head about 30 yards from the last spot where I saw the pig that I shot. It had be cut off and the body taken. It appeared to be the same in size and color. I don't know if I would go as far as saying that it was my pig but it's certainly a possibility. I threw the head in the briars for collection later anyway.
              Wow you never know. least you can take the head anyway!! Thanks for showing crodd how to use all of that tasty pork. Hate to see any go to waste when it so dang good!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
                Wow you never know. least you can take the head anyway!! Thanks for showing crodd how to use all of that tasty pork. Hate to see any go to waste when it so dang good!!
                That's a fact. His pig was around 200 lbs only a couple pounds were tossed out.

Comment

Great hunt today
                  Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
                  Excerpt from an earlier post:
                  If any of you guys score a big hog, save you $ on processing. Bring it to my house. I'll raise it up with the tractor bucket and have it skinned cut up and wrapped in about an hour.
                  I'm 25 mins. from gate 7. Aka horse barn.

Go get that big pig and I'll just show you.
                  Thats looks like an awesome job of pig processing!! Hats off to the pid addict.

Comment

Great hunt today. Walked with pig addiction today. Walked up on an area he thought would hold pigs. As we both walked on the side of a thin thicket I saw this pig stand up and as I drew he turned and headed right to me. When he got within 5-7 yards he turned just enough for me to stick him. He ran about 200 yards but we had solid blood all the way to him.
                    I want to give a special thanks to pig addiction for helping me out and also for showing me how much meat you really can get from a big hog when you have the right equipment/facilities and the know how.
                    He really is a class act and a lot of fun. Can't wait to hunt again with him soon.
                    Nice one brother. Gives me encouragement.

Comment

nice one!!!!no more nikes for this one......good shot Chris.......

Comment

Jackson. This pig is awesome!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thats awesome. Man. We raised up two last year that we caught out there last year. Sure where tasty

Comment

Chris. looks like that dog was saying "hello" to you.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by bho0351; 01-29-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Missed that in the picture.

Comment

Man i have to get me one those!!

Comment

Working...
                                X