• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Any of yall out,I seen a black Chevy truck

Comment

Hey guys. First post been lurking for a while. Went out to Granger for the first time today got into 2 groups of hogs first group found them feeding inside some thick cover at about 80 yards and they were feeding towards me but the wind was headed in the wrong direction and I got busted. Second group saw them running at about 150 yds. It was a good first trip and the first time I have been out hunting since moving to Texas this January. I am planning on going out again tomorrow night and sat if anyone is planning on being there and want to hook up.

Comment

Hegster, hit me up next time you go out. If I ain't working I'll be glad to tag along.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegster View Post
            Hey guys. First post been lurking for a while. Went out to Granger for the first time today got into 2 groups of hogs first group found them feeding inside some thick cover at about 80 yards and they were feeding towards me but the wind was headed in the wrong direction and I got busted. Second group saw them running at about 150 yds. It was a good first trip and the first time I have been out hunting since moving to Texas this January. I am planning on going out again tomorrow night and sat if anyone is planning on being there and want to hook up.
            Welcome. Where did you move from??

Comment

Hello everyone!

I have been reading through all the old posts on here while I waited for my account to clear. Some of you have some awesome information! I have hunted granger a few times now, and while I have seen a few pigs, I have not gotten a shot yet. I was hoping that I could meet up with someone at some point to show me the ropes? I'm hoping to get into the next granger ranger hunt and I want to be decent! Thanks!

Comment

Txsowslayer I will let you know next time I am going out I think it will be Tuesday or Thursday in the PM after work if you have time I will let you know. I went out again Sat morning didn't get into the hogs but they are in the area it was all torn up. I did see about 27 deer over the course of the day one group had 12 in it wish I had drawn could have filled the tag a few times over.

Crod888 I moved down from Oregon January of this year for work and am just getting around to hunting and trying to figure it out. I have been hunting all my life and look forward to getting into it here as well. On a side note I am very interested in the Granger Ranger event you guys have been doing it reminds me of a trip my friends and I took just after graduation were we hiked in 6 miles with nothing but water ramen seasoning packets and our 22s for the week just to see if we could do it.

Thanks and look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Comment

welcome guys!

Comment

Hey so I went out today and tried to scout around the west side of the San Gabriel unit. I thought that I would be able to walk all the way to the railroad, and 95, but I ran into a fence next to private property. Do y'all know if the map is no longer accurate and that is now private land?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmb512 View Post
                      Hey so I went out today and tried to scout around the west side of the San Gabriel unit. I thought that I would be able to walk all the way to the railroad, and 95, but I ran into a fence next to private property. Do y'all know if the map is no longer accurate and that is now private land?
                      Textyler I think he knows about that area......

Comment

You are welcome to attend the Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt, more the merrier.

Comment

I think you have to get all the way down to the creek to get around and walk along the edge for a bit. Pretty thick stuff.

Comment

Awesome, there was some good fresh sign leading down to the thick stuff, I tried to push though there and I guess they all ran out the back. I keep seeing hogs on that side of 7, but they have their nikes on for sure!

Comment

Awesome, there was some good fresh sign leading down to the thick stuff, I tried to push though there and I guess they all ran out the back. I keep seeing hogs on that side of 7, but they have their nikes on for sure!
                              Wudstix (my ipad just autocorrected to "Wuss tux" lol)is right. It gets skinny through there. Have to hug the river for a bit. I think the map actually shows it. Just tough to see.

Comment

Welcome. You guys need to make it to initiation in February. Great time to learn from the generals.

Comment

Working...
                                X