No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard that the bank accepted an offer on a house my girlfriend and I put in that is 30 minutes from granger. Can't wait to spend some serious time there in the next year

Comment

Granger

Hello everyone, I am new around here and I was thinking on getting the Texas public permit and going down to Granger, can somebody give me some help on what areas to go. Granger looks like a big place, I probably going at the end of month to do some scouting, most likely during weekdays. I am in the ft hood area, any help would be much appreciated. Also any special rules on hunting in granger?

Comment

You'll get alot of help here. Depends on what means of access you have, boat opends up some more options. Main way is to put in many miles of hunting. There are no hogs at Granger, but they are everywhere.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Granger is the closest public land to my house other than ft hood, i know there are some bow hunting areas on west ft hood but they are closed most of the times due to training, so my best bet would be granger for bow hunting and luminant for rifle hunting. Have you had any luck hunting in granger?

Comment

Limited. mainly do to access. I live in San Antonio and only get up there two or three times a year. Usually see pigs when I go.

Comment

I've noticed most of the Pecan trees are barren this year--anyone else seen pecans? Also, how about acorn trees--are they down as well??

Comment

Very few pecans this year. Even in town in Granger. I have 5 big trees that are almost completely empty.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                  Very few pecans this year. Even in town in Granger. I have 5 big trees that are almost completely empty.
                  Good! That will make them more interested in corn when folks bait!

Comment

Might put on a "Stinky Stick", PVC tube strapped to tree with holes drilled in it to let the mushy corn ouze out. DM I'll give you the Grid so we can keep it filled.

Comment

Going Sunday with grinder...who's in??

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                        Going Sunday with grinder...who's in??
                        Wish I could but I'm working. Let us know how y'all do. Good luck!

Comment

Walked a little bit today between six and seven left around 5 got to 95 and looked to my left towards the river just to see about 12 pigs and 10 piglets having their way with the foeld
                          I took pictures but I m doing this from my phone fontnkjownhow to get them here

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                            Wish I could but I'm working. Let us know how y'all do. Good luck!
                            Wish you could too.going to Comanche bluff

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                              Wish you could too.going to Comanche bluff
                              Good luck you should get into some "around" there

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                                Good luck you should get into some "around" there
                                we gonna get em

Comment

Working...
                                X