No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stay away on a cool damp day....even if the heli killed them all. If their are any out there. Today is a day a person will find them. The are up all day on days like this

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Can't stay away on a cool damp day....even if the heli killed them all. If their are any out there. Today is a day a person will find them. The are up all day on days like this
      did you go out today then?

Comment

I did go out today. Mostly to look for this girl that I shot on Wednesday night in Sore Finger. Stalked up on a group of 3 and only got a shot at this one as she past behind a tree at 25 yards. Great blood trail and tracked her for 60 yards before she got into some really thick stuff and I thought I jumped her.
        Was gonna go out Thursday but got called to work. So today I decided to try and pick up the trail again and found her another 25 yards from where I stopped.
        Not the best shot as she was moving left to right but it did the job.
        Figured Sore finger hadn't been hit do took a gamble..... And a looooonnnnnggggg walk.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

You da man Chris!

Comment

Good kill. Might be one of the ones I saw from Doplar the other day.

Comment

I did go out today. Mostly to look for this girl that I shot on Wednesday night in Sore Finger. Stalked up on a group of 3 and only got a shot at this one as she past behind a tree at 25 yards. Great blood trail and tracked her for 60 yards before she got into some really thick stuff and I thought I jumped her.
                  Was gonna go out Thursday but got called to work. So today I decided to try and pick up the trail again and found her another 25 yards from where I stopped.
                  Not the best shot as she was moving left to right but it did the job.
                  Figured Sore finger hadn't been hit do took a gamble..... And a looooonnnnnggggg walk.
                  Yeah I was gonna go find a big'n the heli killed and take a picture too. Just haven't had time. JK! Good job Chris.

Comment

Lol I figured someone would say that. Good thing most everyone knows a hog shot last week during the heli shoot would look a little more decayed

Comment

way to go killer,its a good sign for the rest of us

Comment

Congrats man nice sow. Sucks that you couldn't find her till later would have been some good eating. But one hell of a drag out of there!

Comment

awesome chris

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                            Congrats man nice sow. Sucks that you couldn't find her till later would have been some good eating. But one hell of a drag out of there!
                            Yes. A long way out for sure. But Sore Finger is tore up. Really the only place I've seen recent sign and it was alot. Way to much sign for just 3 pigs to make so more has to be out there

Comment

Yes. A long way out for sure. But Sore Finger is tore up. Really the only place I've seen recent sign and it was alot. Way to much sign for just 3 pigs to make so more has to be out there
                              thanks for the heads up,ill be trying this weekend or monday if the rain pours in

Comment

[QUOTE=crod888;6746058]Yes. A long way out for sure. But Sore Finger is tore up. Really the only place I've seen recent sign and it was alot. Way to much sign for just 3 pigs to make so more has to be out there[/QUits

its prob close to a 3-4 mile round trip to some decent hunting areas down there dont you think? Its one of the first spots I started hunting out there. Always took the boat in though.

Comment

Working...
                                X