"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last thing

I think you local Granger boys are jumping on the wrong crowd. Most of these guys are complaining of the same things you are, minus having land taken from family. We have stuff stole. We have dumb prime time walkers ruin our hunts. We have people stealing fish off lines. We are ****** off at the floating worm boxes, cans and other trash on the banks.

Again, problem is that we can only blame public users of the WMA and you local Granger boys blame the users of the public WMA on TBH's Green Screen because you can't stand on the banks of the river or the shoulder of the road and yell at people there.

Just look at who you are yelling at is all I ask. You yell at me I am going to tell you quick you are full of sparrow poop.

Ok, is this enough passion for you locals? You need to accept that some of us, most of us, are not dumbass idiots ruining a spot that we love to use - it would be like peeing in your bed.

Comment

both sides have some very good points. I agree with both jeff and wildman on certain things. I am not a local but have spent ALOT of time out there over the years and the wma is not like it used to be.

Comment

ive never had any prob out there,hunting,fishing but at very least getting in some walking time lol

Comment

I am not a local either but killed my first hog there some 15 years ago. We had two kids kill their first hogs there this past hunt. There is a lot of good that comes from the WMA. It is like a lot of things these days, things are different but it is the dam kids these days that are ruining it all.

I can say that, I am old

Comment

I may have missed the answer to my question while fast forwarwing through all the *itching but what happens to all the hogs that were shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
              One last thing
              I think you local Granger boys are jumping on the wrong crowd.
              It's all starting to make sense now. I see where the locals are coming from. I understand their predicament. I'm no longer P.O.'d at James Bones or any of the others who commented here. They felt the need. They took care of business. Nuff said. I grew up in Port Lavaca, Texas. Like the Grander locals, we felt ownership of the bays. After all, Granger is their home, we're visitors.(edit #2;seriously, if your'er from out of town, you are visiting. Right? You're in somebody else's back yard, their playground. Cause let me tell you, if you came down to Port Lavaca and started messing around, wow, I know those rednecks. Don't do it! And yes, the Guadalupe Delta Wildlife Management Area is 12 miles from town. Right by the largest natural lake is Texas, Green Lake. Google it.) We referred to our "visitors"/tourists as 713's (Houston area code). Most were great people. A few bought their first boat and learned how to start it at the boat ramp in Port O'Conner. (edit; sorta like buying a bow and going to Granger and calling yourself a HUNTER. that title has to be earned, the hard way. While we're on the subject, people that buy themselves a pair of boots and a hat and call themselves a cowboy is another one of my pet peeves) They know nothing about angling/boating rules both written and otherwise. Those few made all 713's look bad in our eyes. Same thing is happening here. We've all read the posts by the guy who says he carries a bolt cutter to remove tree stands. He's one of'em. There's more. We'll work this out. We're grown men. It'll happen. Life is good.

Ricky Sparks
              Last edited by RickyS; 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chewy View Post
                yep i'm jealous of a bunch of dudes sleeping with a blow up doll!
                Well don't be! She just lays there and stares at you. Creepy!

Comment

Hey guys, glad to see the GRXH went well... just checking back in and saw all the "verified" pics of kills ;-) Very nice work!!! Sucks to hear about the helo hunt... its happened before and dont worry, the hogs will be back. Those things bread like rats!!

Just wanted to say that a few of the local fishing guides weren't real happy about the GRXH weekend. From what i heard, there were folks running up and down the river drinking beer and not watching out for others bank fishing or other boats on the water. There were a few reports of folks leaving trash or cans in the river.

Not sure if all that acutally happened or not, or if it was just another "fishing story" .... but just wanted to make the group aware. I know everyone is out there to have a good time and do our part to keep State owned land open for everyone.

Comment

Yea, the last GRXH we blew up the Doppler Tower. Should have read that story too.

Why is it all the pot stir crowd will not put there name in there profile? Curious is all.
                    Last edited by Wildman; 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wildman
                      One last thing
                      I think you local Granger boys are jumping on the wrong crowd.

Really danny, dont remember the phone call and you telling me how you went on private land behind the lake corp office? we were going to meet up but your truck broke down? Still nothing.... funny thing is that was one of my bud's land you were going on. Anyways us locals arent jumping on all public hunters bec i know there are good ones plus some locals are shady but i just get tired of reading some of the extreme hunting bs from a few and find it funny what some will admit to doing on some of their post like ricky said. Whatever i'm done so GO GO POWER RANGERS i mean Granger Rangers. got to stop watching my sons crap of tv shows.

Comment

Chewy, you calling me a poacher? Lets take this to PM boy; check it

Comment

What happens to all the dead hogs from the helo shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
                            Nothing they are left to rot and go to waste. I hate that part the most.

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
                              You won't see any buzzards in the air for a while. Too fat to fly.

Comment

Chewy, your looking at the thread......... check your pm big boy. Should not take you 8 minutes to read what I pm'd you. Is a pretty simple read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smuck.gif
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	24175525

Comment

Working...
                                X