No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang. I was gonna hit below the bridge tomorrow. I was below the dam today and nothing. Not even a sign. I spoke to the tenant that lives to the south of the dam and he said that there has been a ton of people out there and that he has seen alot of flashlights later at night than usual

Comment

Re: "OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Dang. I was gonna hit below the bridge tomorrow. I was below the dam today and nothing. Not even a sign. I spoke to the tenant that lives to the south of the dam and he said that there has been a ton of people out there and that he has seen alot of flashlights later at night than usual
      Lots of fresh rooting on the south side of the river, but no piggies.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
        Lots of fresh rooting on the south side of the river, but no piggies.
        They know to fear the smell of Greek and Pollock.

Comment

Went hunting today and saw alot of hogs. I was trying to get one of those 30 pounder piglets that I saw about 20 yards but never give me a shot. Circle around to intercept them but saw a boar and 3 sow laying down.(10 yards) I made a shot and hit one of the sow. Followed the blood trail for about 50 yards but lost the trail.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
            Went hunting today and saw alot of hogs. I was trying to get one of those 30 pounder piglets that I saw about 20 yards but never give me a shot. Circle around to intercept them but saw a boar and 3 sow laying down.(10 yards) I made a shot and hit one of the sow. Followed the blood trail for about 50 yards but lost the trail.
            At least it was a good hunt. Congrats

Comment

crod, was it the old guy that has a balcony about 15 foot on his house by the dirt mound, i asked him a few years back if i could put up a stand and feeder on his place and i would work for him doing anything he needed and even though he was in the Navy back in the day and i am currently in ,He said no!!he stated alot of people ask him, oh well that's some old people! all you can do is ask. The animals prob wouldn't come into that property until late at night anyway!!!

Comment

Hey I was one of the guys across the river. Suck you never found her, but at leadt you saw hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                  Hey I was one of the guys across the river. Suck you never found her, but at leadt you saw hogs.
                  How was your hunt? Did you guys see some hogs? I heard a lot of shotgun shots close to you.

Comment

crod,

have you tried the water treatment and walking back towards the primative camp????alot of pigs hang on that private property behind that tank!!!!!or is that gravel road towards the mouth of the river that has the cattle guards on it locked??? lots of hogs hang out in those fingers of trees out in the open or in those briars out in the open, not alot of people are going to walk through that open area of the sore finger either, i'll bet there out there, park at the horse shoe by my cousins house near the doppler and hunt the trees and cover right next to the lake!! only problem with hunting those pigs out in the open is when you spook the sounder they run a mile until they stop!!!i have chased after them like i was a teenager but that ended after about 100 yards, lol, check out my video on "YOUTUBE" entitled "dragging out the hog"
                    i shot a sow out on the open lake near willis creek and i am dragging it out with my belt, my buddy didn't get too good of video though, i shot that sow in 2009. i can't wait to get back.....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                      crod,

have you tried the water treatment and walking back towards the primative camp????alot of pigs hang on that private property behind that tank!!!!!or is that gravel road towards the mouth of the river that has the cattle guards on it locked??? lots of hogs hang out in those fingers of trees out in the open or in those briars out in the open, not alot of people are going to walk through that open area of the sore finger either, i'll bet there out there, park at the horse shoe by my cousins house near the doppler and hunt the trees and cover right next to the lake!! only problem with hunting those pigs out in the open is when you spook the sounder they run a mile until they stop!!!i have chased after them like i was a teenager but that ended after about 100 yards, lol, check out my video on "YOUTUBE" entitled "dragging out the hog"
                      i shot a sow out on the open lake near willis creek and i am dragging it out with my belt, my buddy didn't get too good of video though, i shot that sow in 2009. i can't wait to get back.....
                      I've been over by the water treatment plant and walked all the way to the primitive campground. Alot of old sign but I think they are on the private land on that side of the river. The new trails they cut seem like they'd be good to walk in the morning if the sign supported it

Comment

so someone is out on the corps land cutting trails again????

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                          so someone is out on the corps land cutting trails again????
                          Yes. The tails below the dam are not cut but all the trails around the PC are cut. Along with some very good new ones

Comment

that will be good for the grxh guys in feb, i think the inmates are out there again maybe???can you drive a mountin bike and cart all the way to the tank about a mile back????wish i would be able to move back b4 april, my boat is waiting in thrall and i think i would have to show those granger ranger boys how to do it!!!!!!sounds fun...

Comment

How was your hunt? Did you guys see some hogs? I heard a lot of shotgun shots close to you.
                              No, jumped about 20 deer, but no hogs.

Comment

One thing I have noticed is ALOT of trash this year out there. Lots of beer cans, soda, Gatorade, feed bags. Lets remember its a privilege to hunt out there and make sure everyone is cleaning up after yourselves. It's very sad that we have such a beautiful piece of property to hunt and its getting trashed by a few just to lazy to pick up their trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X