No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bull nettle is good to eat. Easy to kill too.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Welcome. I would suggest buying online. Go to a proshop and get your measurements and shoot a few bows. Then look online. You can save $$$$ off retail. If you need help finding something let me know. I bought my reezen online
      I was told ordering online would void the warranty does anyone know if this is true?

Comment

Not sure about that seems that it would be false

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
          next time your at granger let me know where ur at? I work out here now but am not the warden, just a park ranger .....hogs are destroying the corn on the Circleville side..... I just drive around the lake wishing I was in the boat or in a tree stand lol, but not so much the tree stand because it's too hot....in the boat so I can fall in the lake to cool off....
          Thats awesome man congrats on the job! Seems like it would be a pretty cool deal. Sure I wi ll be seeing plenty of you out there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
            next time your at granger let me know where ur at? I work out here now but am not the warden, just a park ranger .....hogs are destroying the corn on the Circleville side..... I just drive around the lake wishing I was in the boat or in a tree stand lol, but not so much the tree stand because it's too hot....in the boat so I can fall in the lake to cool off....
            Will do. Looking forward to getting out there when it cools off and hunting with the legend

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              I was told ordering online would void the warranty does anyone know if this is true?
              Most bows allow a one time warranty transfer. But....don't quote me mathews and bowtech do not transfer. I'm gonna research that. I don't recall seeing anything in the paper work I got with my chill.
              Last edited by Archer23; 06-21-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                I am picking up a Browning Illusion from another TBH member today. Going to start cheap and upgrade later. After all, I haven't shot a compound in 16 years.
                Browning makes a quality bow at a real good price. My brother in law has had his for a loooong time and can shoot lights out.

Comment

Browning makes a quality bow at a real good price. My brother in law has had his for a loooong time and can shoot lights out.
                  Well met the guy out at Cabelas and made the purchase. Bow looked pretty good overall. Took it in to get arrows, etc. and decided to change some things out. Sight was missing a pin (limiting me to 40 yrd) and not that bright, so I decided to swap it out for a Spot-Hogg Right On. Expensive upgrade, but can put it on a new bow if/when I get one. The quiver was crap, so I bought a new TruGlo loc-dwn. Has an older Ripcord rest which I decided to keep. Will replace with a Code Red or QAD Utra-Rest HDX when the time comes. So overall I am pretty happy. Just need to practice now.

Comment

Well met the guy out at Cabelas and made the purchase. Bow looked pretty good overall. Took it in to get arrows, etc. and decided to change some things out. Sight was missing a pin (limiting me to 40 yrd) and not that bright, so I decided to swap it out for a Spot-Hogg Right On. Expensive upgrade, but can put it on a new bow if/when I get one. The quiver was crap, so I bought a new TruGlo loc-dwn. Has an older Ripcord rest which I decided to keep. Will replace with a Code Red or QAD Utra-Rest HDX when the time comes. So overall I am pretty happy. Just need to practice now.
                    One thing I don't like about it, is that the grip is really irritating my holding hand thumb knuckle and that the first time I shot it, I raked my shooting arm all the way down.

Comment

have you tried holding the bow where your knuckles are at a angle or maybe bend your elbow a little bit this will help you not hit your arm

Comment

One thing I don't like about it, is that the grip is really irritating my holding hand thumb knuckle and that the first time I shot it, I raked my shooting arm all the way down.
                        The hitting the arm is most often times form or the bow draw length is to long. I have a membership at hillcountrybownunters. We can go shoot sometime just let me know when.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                          have you tried holding the bow where your knuckles are at a angle or maybe bend your elbow a little bit this will help you not hit your arm
                          The problem is the underside of the shelf is not smooth and I have protruding knuckles. I think a file or some camo moleskin should solve it. As for the arm thing. I have Popeye forearms, but pushing the elbow out works.

Comment

The hitting the arm is most often times form or the bow draw length is to long. I have a membership at hillcountrybownunters. We can go shoot sometime just let me know when.
                            It actually feels short. Was set to 28 and my wingspan measurement / 2.5 is 29.7. I would enjoy shooting with a master like yourself. ;-) I will schedule time with you soon.

Comment

Ok gotcha well,i dont kniw much but i thought i woukd throw that out there

Comment

Will do. Looking forward to getting out there when it cools off and hunting with the legend
                                I am not a legend by any means, I am just like you!!!!!!just lived a little closer to the lake back in my school days and figured those piggies out...... we will hook up this fall and get on them......

Comment

Working...
                                X