No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well went out this mornign just me and my roomate and we saw 2 pigs about 100-120 pounds each. no shots since they were fleeing.

is there anything that will bring a pig out of its bed and get them closer to you?
    ive tried to put corn with pig out and tried walking through the reeds to spook them to another person, but nothing is working. Any tips? calls, smells, food, im looking for immediate results, like a duck responds to a call or buck to a grunt.

Comment

My buddy and I had a set by the “spot” some low life’s ripped down the feeder smashed it to hell and stole the camera and steps to the stand. Whoever you are I bet your mom is real proud. O and how could I forget they carved into the side of the feeder “This is not your spot stay out” and even went as far to draw an intricate picture of a skull and crossbones. Really, easy to talk trash when you cant even steal something you just break it because you are to stupid to even steal it, I hope you get what you have coming to you whoever you are!! I found I wildlife innovations camera not 200 yards from the stand site that is set up on the base of a tree it is most likely there’s but it would make me no better than them to take it or destroy it but there is only a few ways in and out of this area and it doesn’t get much traffic I will keep my eyes open for this ****** bag.

Comment

On a better note I have went out the past 2 days I have seen little to no sign and No pigs

Comment

Muzzy what unit? I have my WGI camera out there but my name, number, and TBH tag written on mine at pecan unit.

Skull and crossbones?!? Kinda childish.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
            Muzzy what unit? I have my WGI camera out there but my name, number, and TBH tag written on mine at pecan unit.

Skull and crossbones?!? Kinda childish.
            Yep thats what I was thinkin, sounds like some kids that need an a$ $ whoopin. That was my stuff they stole and destroyed. I think im am more upset of what they did and how they did it than them actually taking something. I dont take to kindly to threats. This is up river close to the spot, not below the dam. Anyways we will be out and about more regularly now, moral of the story dont put anything out you cant afford to lose. Some low life piece will probably eventually find it and steal or destroy it. If anyone here hears anything through the vine, I would love some anounamous tips... So what would you do if this happened to you, if anything at all? Not sure if anything can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
              Yep thats what I was thinkin, sounds like some kids that need an a$ $ whoopin. That was my stuff they stole and destroyed. I think im am more upset of what they did and how they did it than them actually taking something. I dont take to kindly to threats. This is up river close to the spot, not below the dam. Anyways we will be out and about more regularly now, moral of the story dont put anything out you cant afford to lose. Some low life piece will probably eventually find it and steal or destroy it. If anyone here hears anything through the vine, I would love some anounamous tips... So what would you do if this happened to you, if anything at all? Not sure if anything can be done.
              TXFIREFIGHTER. You gotta have buddies at the RR PD, have them dust the stuff for prints. Id use all my resources to get them douce bags. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                I heard that they were going to stop all hunting at Granger anyone have info on this?
                I hope not...who is your source?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                  TXFIREFIGHTER. You gotta have buddies at the RR PD, have them dust the stuff for prints. Id use all my resources to get them douce bags. Good Luck
                  Chris how have you been? Long time no hunt! Yeah i could try that but it would probably be nearly impossible to get prints and even if they did then what? not enough property damage to do anything i believe. Anyways lesson learned. They will get theres eventually, Karma is a B! I hope they arent thinkin of closing granger! Dont know why they would its not like they need to maintain anything?

Comment

They wont close Granger.. The corps will probably just take over wildlife operations

Comment

I saw the guys who stole my feeder from Pecan awhile back. They live around there.

Comment

What i heard was that due to budget constraints TPWD is giving management control of Granger over to the Corps of Engineers. Just need a different permit to hunt. This year is still sam old same old.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                          My buddy and I had a set by the “spot” some low life’s ripped down the feeder smashed it to hell and stole the camera and steps to the stand. Whoever you are I bet your mom is real proud. O and how could I forget they carved into the side of the feeder “This is not your spot stay out” and even went as far to draw an intricate picture of a skull and crossbones. Really, easy to talk trash when you cant even steal something you just break it because you are to stupid to even steal it, I hope you get what you have coming to you whoever you are!! I found I wildlife innovations camera not 200 yards from the stand site that is set up on the base of a tree it is most likely there’s but it would make me no better than them to take it or destroy it but there is only a few ways in and out of this area and it doesn’t get much traffic I will keep my eyes open for this ****** bag.
                          Now, I've never hunted anything besides birds on public land here in Texas, and I'm pretty new to bow hunting, but can somebody realy calim a "spot" on public lands? I can understand not using sombody's gear that they left set up. I might even try avoid hunting around somebody's feeder. But is it really bad form to hunt the same area if nobody else is hunting it at the moment?
                          The reason I ask is because I was thinknb bout giving Granger a try, and I wouldn't want to step on any toes, or even worse get shot ;-)
                          Last edited by ckiefer045; 07-09-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I used to have stands and a feeder up and was dragging corn 1.7 miles in twice a week for anyone to use, and someone came and stole my feeder. Then returned it after there were seen. It's just seem's to be a few bad apples. I dont "hunt" someone's spot. I have accidently set up my stuff close to someone elses on accident before but when i realized (after their feeder went off and spooked me) I moved my stuff soon after.

Comment

This...

Originally posted by Team me View Post
                              I used to have stands and a feeder up and was dragging corn 1.7 miles in twice a week for anyone to use, and someone came and stole my feeder. Then returned it after there were seen. It's just seem's to be a few bad apples. I dont "hunt" someone's spot. I have accidently set up my stuff close to someone elses on accident before but when i realized (after their feeder went off and spooked me) I moved my stuff soon after.

Yeah you take a risk putting out personal equipment, and i did it knowing that it could be hunted by someone else at anytime. I didnt have a problem with that, its the piece that destroys or steals equipment for no reason that i have a problem with.

Comment

HAHA that last post was mine. My old lady was logged in! Shes been a lurker for sometime, I guess she decided to join, and i didnt relize she was logged in.

Comment

Working...
                                X