Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it was a grey fox. The sun was kind of shining in my face and the reflection of the tall yellow weeds made it hard to get a good idea of his color. Going back to the same area this morning.

Comment

Gonna head out Saturday morning to the old stomping grounds

Comment

Busted two groups of hogs on the ridge crod. Was pretty thick up there in some spots and the bloodweekds are as thick as ever down by the primitive

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
          Busted two groups of hogs on the ridge crod. Was pretty thick up there in some spots and the bloodweekds are as thick as ever down by the primitive
          Blood weeds are a good thing. I've killed more hogs in years they are heavy then not. The hogs get a little more brave with the illusion of cover

Comment

Planning a hammock hanging trip 19-21 Jan. hope to bring home some pork chops in the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
              Planning a hammock hanging trip 19-21 Jan. hope to bring home some pork chops in the cooler.
              Ordered my new hammock yesterday it should be here in a couple days. I need to get it out there and do some practice hanging

Comment

Only problem with that is I tend to do more hanging than hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  Only problem with that is I tend to do more hanging than hunting.
                  X2

Comment

Got my hammock yesterday and Hung it in the yard.
                    It took a couple of adjustments to get the height right but was a lot easier than I thought and a lot more comfortable also.
                    Should have bought one years ago.

Comment

What brand and where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by jcox View Post
                        What brand and where did you find it?
                        It is a Hennessy safari deluxe asym zip I bought it from the Hennessy website and they sent me a free cub asym zip with my order.
                        The cub is a kids hammock that now belongs to my granddaughter.

Comment

Cool, thanks man...

Comment

Got a new suspension system for my Mosquito and it goes up in about five minutes with the fly. Sweet deal for hunting on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                              Got a new suspension system for my Mosquito and it goes up in about five minutes with the fly. Sweet deal for hunting on the move.
                              Woopie slings?

Comment

at granger, if there are blood weeds? there are pigs, and you can hear them from a quarter mile away as they are walking through it, sometimes it is decieving because it sounds like they are close, i love the area back behind the primative camp, the easiest way to hunt back there is to either put your boat w/motor in at the primative boat launch or at taylor park and run up the river, i have heard, since i am still in colorado! that the roads aren't accessible by mountain bike and makeshift trailer from deer cart, that is how i always got back in there and was able to get my hogs out whole. It is exciting to hear the hogs crashing through the blood weeds but it has been almost impossible for me to shoot through them, crossbow bolt maybe easier???or wait until they cross the roads that johnny used to keep cleared!!!i bet yall that since there was no helicopter hunt last year that the hog population at granger lake has almost doubled since last year and the sows should be dropping piglets about now!!!i aways used to catch the piglets around the new year since i have been hunting out there in the 1980's.

Comment

Working...
                                X