Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    Pending on multiple rifle hunts.

Selected for archery hunts on Gus, Nannie, Chaparral and returning to LANWR 17-24!!!

I'll post live threads during each hunt
    You are one lucky son of a gun! Should have a lot of good hunting ahead of you.

Comment

Pending on multiple rifle hunts.

Selected for archery hunts on Gus, Nannie, Chaparral and returning to LANWR 17-24!!!

I'll post live threads during each hunt
      See you at lanwr. That's the only archery hunt I drew for but I drew for three other gun hunts. Looking to be a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        See you at lanwr. That's the only archery hunt I drew for but I drew for three other gun hunts. Looking to be a good season.
        Awesome! You've got the good luck this year too. Which gun hunts?

I've been at LANWR the past 5 days. [emoji6]

Very dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
          Yes, this happened to me last year. One in our group had a family emergency so he could not go and did not pay. The rest of us still went on the hunt.

Thanks! I haven't been drawn for any yet, unfortunately!!! Really want a chance to get my first bow kill this year. Maybe luck will allow me to get one in the national forest or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! You've got the good luck this year too. Which gun hunts?

I've been at LANWR the past 5 days. [emoji6]

Very dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            This will be my first time at lanwr but have hunted the other three before. I drew exotic at south llano river state park, gun deer mgmt at james daughtrey, and national refuge general deer at balcones canyonlands.

Comment

Son was drawn for LRGV East Lake tract for 11/10-11/12 anyone else get drawn for this hunt? or anyone hunt this in past years that would be willing to give any tips for this NWR?

Comment

still not showing a status for youth mgt hunt like it hasn't been drawn yet. does anyone know what's going on there?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                  still not showing a status for youth mgt hunt like it hasn't been drawn yet. does anyone know what's going on there?

Which hunt? Is it on the list of hunt cancellations that TPWD put out?

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                    Which hunt? Is it on the list of hunt cancellations that TPWD put out?

Nope it's for brazos bend and that's not on the list I looked at. Could be?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope it's for brazos bend and that's not on the list I looked at. Could be?

No, it's not on the list.

Well, there goes that theory...

Comment

They are probably holding that draw for now if its not been cancelled

Park Closure Alert for Brazos Bend-
                        Sept. 12, 2017 - The park is closed due to flooding. We will remain closed at least through Nov. 7, 2017. Check here for updates.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 09-19-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          They are probably holding that draw for now if its not been cancelled

Park Closure Alert for Brazos Bend-
                          Sept. 12, 2017 - The park is closed due to flooding. We will remain closed at least through Nov. 7, 2017. Check here for updates.
                          Kinda what I was thinking, patiently waiting. thanks

Comment

I would expect the Brazos Bend hunt to be cancelled. It is no longer showing on the online page as a hunt option.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                              I got drawn for Devils River SNA - Dan Allen Hughes Unit. Anyone been there? Thanks
                              A buddy and I took a canoe down the Devil's 2 years ago...ROUGH country and saw quite a bit of wildlife. It'll be a hunt you won't forget. Keep us update!

Comment

I've been putting in for just about all the archery hunts from San Antonio area down to the RGV for the last 5 years. I got drawn for the Chap last year but didn't get a shot at anything within restrictions. It was a fun hunt though. I was doing some still hunting one of the days and almost ran into a nice 120" when I came around a cactus patch! But he was too narrow to shoot. This year I applied for much the same. I applied for the Teniente NWR just before midnight of the deadline and got drawn the next day. So that probably used up the rest of my luck for my lifetime, LOL. Good Luck to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X