Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th year in a row for no doe permit

Comment

For those drawn today what is the permit deadline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't enter this year. Son was drawn for youth antlerless at the chap and lrgnwr youth deer so far. First time ever entering him. Think I might have to buy him a lotto ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Freight Mover View Post

9-25-17

Comment

Originally posted by Freight Mover View Post

It's always ten days.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
              At 11:41 last night I realized I hadn't put in for the 9/15 drawings so I rushed and put one in each category I had points in so I wouldn't loose them. To my surprise this morning I receive an e-mail that I had been drawn for GDE Fort Boggy Nov. 15-17. I bought my powerball ticket and now I need to purchase my grand slam ticket and hope the luck keeps up. First time drawn and yes I like the old system better. Now to find time to go scout it out.
              Isn't fort boggy by assigned blind?
              Last edited by bossbowman; 09-16-2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Tags ?

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                I'm in, LANWR 11-24. Do they provide the tags?
                Years past they have not, should be able to call out there. Save a deer buck tag for that county, pack light, with a drag handle ski rope type, snake guards, water, lightweight jacket (hardly gets cold down their), bug spray, sun screen, blazed orange, lightweight glassing/shooting sticks, and great walking boots. Bug spray may be most important chiggars and everything bites. Big deer and nilgai down there. Stay mobile, look on maps for openings to glass where brush is low and good luck.

Comment

New to the lower rio grande east lake hunt.
                  Grandson drew sure would appreciate any
                  Tips or advice.Thanks we will be leaving
                  Out of McKinney.Again Thanks

Comment

I haven't been drawn for anything in 6 years and that's with over $100 a year in entries. Still holding out for gun mule deer, archery exotic and spring turkey

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      I think it said compartment ( I could be wrong and will check). I know you can't scout out where you want to hunt like say Whitney, but it is only 35 miles from the house and I have never been there. It would be nice to kind of have a lay of the land before the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        It used to be. They went to compartment a few years back.
                        This is another place TPWD took out of the archery hunts. Only 45 min from the house, I would always go as stand by if I was off those hunt days.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                          I think it said compartment ( I could be wrong and will check). I know you can't scout out where you want to hunt like say Whitney, but it is only 35 miles from the house and I have never been there. It would be nice to kind of have a lay of the land before the hunt.

We had a good hunt there last year even though the moon was full and the acorns sounded like rain falling deer still moved. The hunt area we had was THICK. Park was split into four compartments with one to three hunters per compartment depending on compartment size 8 hunters total. I noticed the TPWD page shows 50 permits available for the two hunts, if that's the case and not a typo they may have gone back to assigned blind. My dad and I had about 1000 yards of pipeline and several hundred acres in our compartment. Saw deer each day. We drew for compartments out of a hat. We will be there again this year November 15-17.

Comment

Me and a buddy got drawn for LRGV-Teniente 1/11-14, anybody else gonna be down there then?
                            Last edited by nickstone; 09-17-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Looks like National Forest again this year,..........but I did get an Doe permit for Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by Caneycreek View Post
                                Anyone know if you do get drawn and one of your 3 group members can't go/doesn't pay their fee, are the other 2 of the group still eligible to go if their 2 fees are paid?

Yes, this happened to me last year. One in our group had a family emergency so he could not go and did not pay. The rest of us still went on the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X