Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ton of hogs on my area too, 5B

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as you have well used trails near, you should be good. I dunno. Maybe there's a lot more natural forage this year up there? Have you tried any of the attractants? I tried that crush stuff. Pigs loved it. Have pics of deer standing next to it eating corn instead. Who knows!?

Comment

Ive tried several of them. Even threw out fresh apples. They are gone but nothing on cam eating.

Comment

Sounds like you may need a new camera. One of mine is just plain awful, detects about a third of what my other cam does.

Comment

Spike brought in out of 6A this morning. Not me. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Lol... love the disclaimer

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Atleast they got some meat in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
                  Not me either 6a7

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
                    Not me either 6a7, we are gonna get shut down in 6a. Man that's atleast 2 bucks I heard someone may have gotten one in 6a last week too that would make 3

Comment

Man let the spikes go to grow. A spike 1 1/2 year old has as much potential as an 8 point 1 1/2 year old. He was just a late born fawn the year prior so his antler pallets were not done maturing to grow a bigger rack and he also didn't have the time to mature before winter let the spikes go shoot a doe it has nothing to do with being a trophy hunter it's about killing mature deer.

Comment

A 12 3/4" came in Friday evening. Not mine and not sure which TA.

Comment

I just hope whoever killed it that it was a child. Than I don't care but if not the opportunity for everyone else to get a shot at a mature buck will be stolen because some shot the first legal animal that walked out. Ok my apologies end rant.

Comment

But if that is all he has coming in, its meat in the freezer because im sure noone else will give up meat to put in someone elses freezer if that spike was his only oppurtunity

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
                              But if that is all he has coming in, its meat in the freezer because im sure noone else will give up meat to put in someone elses freezer if that spike was his only oppurtunity
                              If he had $180 dollars to spare to buy a whitetail permit than I'm sure he/she is not starving. Their are plenty of does to take. Lord knows tons of hogs to take so it's a month into the season and yeah I would put meat in his freezer you don't know me I donate meat all the time back home my butcher had a church he would process my deer free of charge and I would give it to the church. Here I've only killed hogs so far in my time in Texas and for the one hog I kept I've donated 4. So don't tell me I wouldn't put meat in the freezer or try and make it about the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post

I gave away three entire deer last year here on tbh. And I'm not the only one. People do it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X