No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12 6/8 buck came out of 7-5 and was confiscated. The guy that shot it sure looked the world fell on him. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Glad I spent $180 on a deer permit to have others tell me what I can and cannot shoot because they want to shoot something.

Comment

I'm just glad to be out there. I don't hold any animosity toward anyone who makes a mistake. I've made more than a few myself. The rules clearly state the consequences. Kind of a moot point arguing about it. While I'd prefer spikes not be taken, it's a legal deer and again, arguing is kinda pointless. Enjoy your season everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
          The 12 6/8 buck came out of 7-5 and was confiscated. The guy that shot it sure looked the world fell on him. Tom 6A-3
          Wudstix said the guy in 7-5 brought that in Friday evening. I'm not sure if his privileges have been suspended for the rest of the year or not, there were some there yesterday talking about it. I did see his truck there when I left yesterday before lunch (1030) but it was gone when I got back.

Comment

Ground growth? I was told it was12 3/4" by Biologist, then it was reported to be 12 6/8". Last I heard it had grown to 12 12/16".

And I only pay my $180 to be able to comment on this forum.

Just kidding to all.

It's my second year hunting at Bullis. Been doing TCCC research for 15 years. Enjoy the forum, and wish those on my camera would show while I'm huting.

I'm in TA7. Will post some cam pics if I can figure out how and the site will allow.

Good fortune to all, and NO it wasn't me who got the 12 12/16" buck. Let several of those pass. Have an 8 and 2 x 10s on my radar.

Comment

Flats, are you in the same spot as last year?

Comment

Spike brought in out of 6A this morning. Not me. Tom 6A-3
                Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                Man let the spikes go to grow. A spike 1 1/2 year old has as much potential as an 8 point 1 1/2 year old. He was just a late born fawn the year prior so his antler pallets were not done maturing to grow a bigger rack and he also didn't have the time to mature before winter let the spikes go shoot a doe it has nothing to do with being a trophy hunter it's about killing mature deer.
                Originally posted by a21davis View Post
                Glad I spent $180 on a deer permit to have others tell me what I can and cannot shoot because they want to shoot something.
                Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
                I'm just glad to be out there. I don't hold any animosity toward anyone who makes a mistake. I've made more than a few myself. The rules clearly state the consequences. Kind of a moot point arguing about it. While I'd prefer spikes not be taken, it's a legal deer and again, arguing is kinda pointless. Enjoy your season everyone.

An Honest Kill is a Trophy, Period. “Great! I hope you get your trophy; several of them. Just don’t impose your number, standard, or minimum on other hunters. If it’s a legal animal, killed by a hunter who put in the hard work, it’s a trophy. Period.” http://www.rusticman.com/you-have-pe...t-small-bucks/

Comment

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
                  Flats, are you in the same spot as last year?
                  Yes. I wasn't anticipating stand selection to be simultaneous with lotto notification. It's about all that was left in 7 once i realized the situation. I wanted to stay in 7 but wanted to get one with easier access. Oh well. At least I know there are deer in the area.

Comment

Will check in time move back an hr with the time change?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kybowhuntr View Post
                      Will check in time move back an hr with the time change?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
                      Unfortunately...Nope

Comment

A lot of hunters are not aware that spikes when taken come off the buck quota for that area. It is not explained in the hunting rules. It is possible that some areas with a small buck quota hunters may not get to take any forked antlered bucks if spikes are all that are taken. Tom 6A-3

Comment

A lot of hunters are not aware that spikes when taken come off the buck quota for that area. It is not explained in the hunting rules. It is possible that some areas with a small buck quota hunters may not get to take any forked antlered bucks if spikes are all that are taken. Tom 6A-3
                          Tom,

I'm aware of that and I often tell other fellow hunters about it....

Bullis is into deer management not trophy management.

Comment

Current harvest log is posted. 2 bucks taken out of 6A this past weekend. Hoping when 21 day availability is posted that 6A is not closed to bucks. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Updated

Comment

That guy. You have made me eat my words although I don't agree with restrictions on antler size to begin with and with the limited available bucks to be taken on Bullis, I just got over emotional about the thought of losing an opertunity at a decent buck to a spike being taken. But I have said a million times the time work and lost opertunities when you take an animal leads to even more excitement and the memory of how hard you hunted that season or seasons leading up to that kill make that animal a trophy. A few a years ago now I had hunted 85 days hard letting many bucks walk by as I was working on taking a larger buck at home in Ohio it's only 1 buck aloud to be taken. The end of the year crept up on me and I took a six point that I would never have shot at the beginning of the year but I was proud of that buck because I had worked so hard at taking one. I even European mounted him just a broke up little 6 point rack and still to this day one of my most memorable hints to dat and I've been hunting nearly 25 years. Good luck to all of you and thank you for putting the meaning of a true trophy back into perspective for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X