No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't handle it anymore. I found the beer I was meant to be with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get it. Drink the beer and the frog turns into a princess when you kiss it? Lick it maybe? [emoji12]

Comment

Ok. A serious MUZZLELOADER question. I've heard good and bad on the bore butter. If you don't use the BB...what the heck ARE you using? ML noob still trying to put it all together man.

Comment

Using for what?

You don't need it for pushing the sabot down the bore, your not using it on your breach plug threads. You don't need it.

Seriously, lets get all this socially awkward stuff behind us and lets meet up. Damian, Andy, David, Ray, yall bring yalls guns also.

We can head up to Madison County Gun and Archery club, unless yall have another place to shoot.

Comment

From what I've seen and read you need something to keep your barrel lubed up to prevent corrosion. I mean you got to clean the sucker and keep it oiled up with something? I use hoppes on all my other firearms. Not sure why I couldn't use it on a ML.

Comment

Pm sent Ww.

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                From what I've seen and read you need something to keep your barrel lubed up to prevent corrosion. I mean you got to clean the sucker and keep it oiled up with something? I use hoppes on all my other firearms. Not sure why I couldn't use it on a ML.
                I really don't know about these newer rifles and powders, but my older style percussion cap gun was recommended to use bore butter. for one, as a lubricant to the patch and balls. Then it was said to use it as a rust preventative by applying it a little thick inside the barrel when stored, but to clean it out before shooting again. But... the type of powder used in that gun was different and would corrode more. It wasn't black powder, but maybe pyrodex, which can't be used in the inline ML. Since I still have bore butter, I would probably use a dab of it myself on the breech plug threads, and maybe inside as the rust preventative. But my gun that was given to me already has a few rust spots just at the muzzle, so I definitely want to stay on top of it myself.

What you don't want to do is use oily solvents in the barrel that run the risk of fouling or weakening the powder. It may not have the time to do so if you are just shooting quickly after loading at the range. However, if you get in the habit of using something oily, what might happen during that long sit during season? So anything you use, should dry completely. The method I was taught, was to just clean the barrel with dish soap and water, dry thoroughly, then coat with butter. Maybe doing the same still works, but I personally, might try coating with eezox, which is what I use on most of my guns and dries completely with no oils.

Comment

Y'all talking too much gun crap. This is a bow hunting forum and this is a banter thread. Take that crap to PMs!

Comment

And mmmmmn! Frog legs and beer. That's a good one Daniel.

Comment

Thanks lee. I didn't want to be the but hole. [emoji41]

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

And I couldn't do that to my frog buddy. I was just proud he left Budweiser.

Last edited by dmack; 05-28-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          Y'all talking too much gun crap. This is a bow hunting forum and this is a banter thread. Take that crap to PMs!
                          Muzzleloaders and stick bows...what is the world coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                            Muzzleloaders and stick bows...what is the world coming to?

I know right!!!

Comment

Yall are just jealous of all the traditional talk. Trad bows now trad guns and extended seasons. And what's up with poleonly having a problem with smoke poles?

Comment

We're bantering. It's banterish. Mmmm...battered fish....

Comment

Working...
                                X