TPWD Sept 11 Drawn hunt due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
    new system sucks. they ruined it by allowing you to put in for multiple hunts in a given category. my kids and I are in for 23 hunts and have struck out on everything it looks like based on our pending 2nd draws and my apparent increase in bonus points.
    Respectfully disagree. The under the new system I was able to win one that I would not have applied for. Also, the new system allows me to apply for 4 different places where I can hunt and stay at home overnight, I hunted Honey Creek last year and slept in my own bed both nights.

Comment

new system sucks. they ruined it by allowing you to put in for multiple hunts in a given category. my kids and I are in for 23 hunts and have struck out on everything it looks like based on our pending 2nd draws and my apparent increase in bonus points.
      Before they allowed a hunter to apply for multiple locations in a given category people were complaining that they only got to put in for one in each category. Now people are complaining that they are allowing multiple areas in each category. Always gonna be somebody unhappy about any system. I like this new system, but I was fine with the old one too. I have been applying for 11 years now in some categories, fewer in others. I had been drawn one time the first 9 years under the old system and got drawn twice last year under the new system, so I don't have a problem with it.
      Nothing yet this year, but that seems to be the norm for me anyway.

Comment

Absolutely agree, your draw chances went way down with unlimited applications per category, they need to adjust the system so preference points have more bearing on your draw chances.
        Last edited by bossbowman; 09-15-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I like the new system and ease of access, reduction in possible errors in submission and availability to check status. You can even pull your historical data on submissions. Great upgrade IMO.

Comment

Aside from all the other pros and cons of the new system, I like it because it is much easier to take not getting drawn from a webpage than a mailbox full of postcards. Talk about major bummer, opening the mailbox one day to find buncha dang postcards. Didn't even have to look at them to know what they said

Comment

GDA at Hill Country SNA and GDM at James Daughtrey but they are for the same dates so will probably go with Daughtrey since I have hunted there before, anyone else hunted Daughtrey on the management hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                Looks like we will be there at the same time.
                Me and a couple of my friends were selected for the December 16th Gus hunt also. I was selected for the archery hunt last year and saw several deer and shot a buck. There were lots of doe I could have busted with a rifle. Hopefully I can get into the same compartment as last year. You can ask for what compartment you want and they will try to get you in there. I did notice there were lots of locals who do standby who know where all the deer are and they got exactly where they wanted to hunt somehow, I guess its good to know the staff. If you are camping you need to get there early that morning. I messed up by getting there on time last year and just about didn't get a camp site. There are a couple sites to set up in. The one near the entrance to the park is pretty nice since it has a shower and restroom. No power for a camper, but I took a generator and used my enclosed trailer as a camper. Plus there is water by the restrooms to wash dishes. Its a good Idea to bring a climbing stand or some sort of portable tripod. I used a climber and also made a brush blind. Hope everything works where I get to go back. Hope to see yall there.

Comment

I agree they should go back to 1 app per category.

Comment

New system, old system.....I still don't get drawn for either so I could care less. I like the ease of access versus doing postcard entries. 13 years and counting with nothing. 0 for 10 this year with 3 to go. Really building up those loyalty points.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      I did notice there were lots of locals who do standby who know where all the deer are and they got exactly where they wanted to hunt somehow, I guess its good to know the staff.
                      That is BS if true, standbys are supposed to get to last pick of compartments, if the compartment they want has already been spoken for tuff luck. Only exception is places that put you in specific stand locations, those are random draw for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                        Me and a couple of my friends were selected for the December 16th Gus hunt also. I was selected for the archery hunt last year and saw several deer and shot a buck. There were lots of doe I could have busted with a rifle. Hopefully I can get into the same compartment as last year. You can ask for what compartment you want and they will try to get you in there. I did notice there were lots of locals who do standby who know where all the deer are and they got exactly where they wanted to hunt somehow, I guess its good to know the staff. If you are camping you need to get there early that morning. I messed up by getting there on time last year and just about didn't get a camp site. There are a couple sites to set up in. The one near the entrance to the park is pretty nice since it has a shower and restroom. No power for a camper, but I took a generator and used my enclosed trailer as a camper. Plus there is water by the restrooms to wash dishes. Its a good Idea to bring a climbing stand or some sort of portable tripod. I used a climber and also made a brush blind. Hope everything works where I get to go back. Hope to see yall there.
                        Do they do a drawing for the compartments?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                          Do they do a drawing for the compartments?
                          When we signed in last year they asked me where I wanted to hunt. I had no clue so they just put me and my friend on 1500 acres by ourselves. It seemed like the guys who knew the place got in where they wanted. I learned a lot from that hunt for sure.

Comment

Where are yall seeing results at?

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
                              Where are yall seeing results at?
                              Follow this link and click the "check status" tab.

Comment

[QUOTE=I learned a lot from that hunt for sure.[/QUOTE]

You have my undivided attention sir... Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X