Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Camp Bullis 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I have an old gorilla gear blind. If I were in the market for a new one which one would you recommend?

Comment

Barronett blinds are nice. That's what I have. They are all pretty tall. Even my smaller one is 67". They even make a 7' model now. When I need another I'll be buying that one.

Comment

Broadheads flying like field points from both bows. Getting fired up for the weekend.

Comment

Yep pretty stoked myself!

Comment

Well I learned a lesson today about game cams.
            1. Do not set the sensitivity on high. Especially if there are lots of tall weeds close by. Unless you like 200 pics of weeds blowing left then right.
            2. Always use lithium batteries! First set of batteries used in this camera were lithium, they lasted two weeks. Second set were regular Duracell, lasted two days.

Luckily I know that some deer came in because there was deer scat where I put out corn. There were also lots of hogs.

Comment

Your lithium batteries are only lasting 2 weeks??? I never changed out batteries in both cams last season. The cam read out on both still showed plenty of juice left when I pulled them down. Maybe it's a cam-specific thing, but I think they should be lasting you much much longer than 2 weeks. That's going to get expensive quick.

Comment

This the price I pay for a cheap camera I guess. Probably going mod it with a solar panel and rechargeable 6v batt.

Comment

I stand corrected. Just checked the voltage of my dead batteries. They were not dead at all. Guess the camera likes to shut down for no reason.... Which still sucks

Comment

Can someone tell me why one day hunting is scheduled and the rest of the weekend is scouting only? Is there evening training?

Comment

Originally posted by L C View Post
                      Can someone tell me why one day hunting is scheduled and the rest of the weekend is scouting only? Is there evening training?
                      Bullis is a big National Guard/Reserve Component training facility. It is also used by a lot of civilian agencies in and around San Antonio. So, a lot of times you'll see that saturday is closed and sunday is open, due to NG and Res training.

Comment

Thanks, but I'm questioning why let us scout in the area but not bowhunt? Perhaps because there is a chance of trainees coming through the area?

Comment

Good Luck to all you guys that can hunt this weekend. I know a few of us can't for the 1st few weekends. Anyone not able to hunt and want someone to shoot some Doe or hogs let me know. I'm game <- Shameless plug

MSIMS, let me know if you want to go sit at the range wishing we were in our stands. You're in the same area as I We can sulk in our sorrows.
                          Last edited by Impyman18; 10-02-2015, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I may try to get out to the range this weekend; I haven't figured out if my "honey-do" list will allow it yet. I haven't been able to shoot longer than 20 yards since the spring, and I want to dial it in before the 16th.

Comment

Best of luck to those hunting this weekend. The weather looks like it's cooperating.

Comment

I'll be out there tomorrow. Will keep yall posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X