No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2014-2015 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI it's youth weekend, I'd assume lots of kids w guns out there this weekend. I was planning on going but think I'm going to wait til monday

Comment

heading up thurs night, cant wait!

Comment

hpdrifter, i use a shoulder pouch rather then a big pack carry al the essentials

Comment

I hunt on 511 in DCNF. Its been slow for weeks in there for me. Hogs so thick they vacuum up the acorns before the deer can find them. Dont get discouraged, it was the calm before the storm.

Comment

Lots of pigs in here this year!

Comment

SpeedGoat, what part of the DCNF are you hunting? I wouldn't mind catching up with you and shaking your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by howie1968 View Post
                yes sir i use a game cart and my mountain bike thats how i move my stands, carry my climber etc, im so far in down a closed road it would be impossible to walk in hunt carry game out etc, i found riding my mountain bike its very quiet moving from location to location. another good point is to always bring a compas as well. i always have topo maps as well and no the area im hunting as well. As another poster mentioned it all looks the same after dark. my gps is pretty good i get glo mass plus USA satelites which is russian and usa sattelites so far no lost signals even under the heaviest canopy
                If you dont mind could you say what kinda of GPS you are using. Sounds like it gets excellent reception

Comment

heading up tonight, hope to see some deer in the morning!

Comment

i carry 2 a garmin etrex 30 with birdseye has the glomass sattelites and the ameraican the glomass are russian when both turned on you are connected up to 24 sattelites i also have a etrex summit hc by garmin both work great i like the 30 as it a storage slot for micro sd and is a triaxial compass ive got topop maps loaded into it

Comment

I was just wondering; can you bowhunt during the youth only weekend, 25th and 26th in Alabama Creek WMA?

Comment

Yes you can hunt during youth weekend. But only with archery equipment!^^^^^

Comment

ok, thanks. that was the plan.

Comment

I will be in the Davy this coming weekend, any reports on the rut yet?

Comment

hunted the border of alabama creek.. bucks are chasing does hard, wade

Comment

Not a lot of people hunting out here this year or what. No one is killing anything??

Comment

Working...
                                X