No announcement yet.

Aransas Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunters in the Houston area can stop in at the Bow Zone and pick up an application form.

Bow Zone
    5833 Treaschwig Rd
    Spring, TX
    (281) 443-0066‎

Comment

There are 21 seats left in the IBEP course that will be held at the refuge Sept. 20 & 21.

Comment

How many of you are planning on hunting the refuge. Its only 47 days away. I didn't know about ya'll but I need my refuge fix.

Comment

I'll be there!!!!!!

Comment

One of the students who signed up for the IBEP Class said the Refuge told him there were less than 100 bowhunting permit application returned so far, this was Sat when he paid his money at the Refuge for the archery hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              This year's dates are out for the Public Archery Hunt on the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. The hunt opens on Oct 4 for nine straight days until Oct 12. This is the longest running Archery hunt in TX where hunters just have to sign up for the hunt. To get a hunting packet with the information about the hunt all you have to do is call the Refuge at 361-286-3559 and give them your address. Hunter success has been running 20%-25%.
              Mosquito success is 100%, guaranteed!

Comment

This will be my first year hunting the refuge. I signed up for the hunt this past Saturday, August 16. I am also looking forward to the archery course as well. I figure not only is it a great oppurtunity to get some more indepth information about the refuge, I also figure I will learn a great deal about the hunting conditions out there.

Calvin
                Ancient Golden Eagle Bow
                Ancient Cobra pin site
                Carbon Impact 350 Trophy hunter arrows
                Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade broad heads

Comment

Just received my card in the mail today guess I am set for the hunt . Chris and Danny ,Trey and I will see ya'll there on the 20th. Promise not to interrupt the class. We are going to try and get the same spot as last year. Calvin we will see you there.
                  Tommy

Comment

A friend and I also got picked for the hunt. This will be our first time down there so any advice would be great.

Comment

Snakeboots or leggings, bug suit, and the IBEP class.

Comment

Kornsqueezer, Ya'll are more than welcome to come sit in on the class.

Comment

Rabidbowhunter, You can give me a call anytime after 5pm and I will give you any information I can about the refuge. There is a lot of information about hunting the refuge given out during the class.

Comment

Thanks Bonehead. Im signed up to take the class. I have a place in Aransas Pass at Fin and Feather. Im down there pretty often so hopefully one time we can meet up and talk about the hunt.

Comment

Danny,
                              I don't know what time we will get there Saturday. We are going to make a one day setup and turn around back to Houston. If we get there around noon we will come on in. Thanks for the invite.

Comment

Well my archery permit and maps just arrived guess tonight ill be spending some time with the maps and google earth, to try to put some kinda possible game plan together. Im really looking forward to the archery class on the 20th and 21 st and then to the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X