No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckon I'm out then. Oh, and your calls won't be returned.
    Originally posted by alan281 View Post
    I put in for the exotic hunt in Feb. as a group. Put all three applications in one envelope, but only one of our group received notification that he was drawn. I called down there , but the person I need to talk to won't return my calls.

Comment

Originally posted by BOW BANDIT View Post
      Just got my permits today, Dec 17-20
      Congrats Rick. Good luck out there. Did you put in with anyone else. be safe and GOD bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander28 View Post
        I did not see anything about having to haul out the whole carcass on any paperwork but i plan on backpacking any kill meat out. Is that going to be an issue?
        I haven't seen anything either but curious as well

Comment

Originally posted by backstrapin View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Bandit. I'll be sure and take my snake boots.
          THE SNAKES I HAVE SEEN...YOU NEED SOME CHEST PROTECTION

Comment

Hunt coordinator called me back today and said de-boning in the field is fine. He also said 40 archery permits were dolled out for Teniente each archery weekend, I'm no math whiz but on 6000 acres that's 150 per person. I'm sure they have plenty of no shows but that seems tight at 20 people to me(I probably use more area than most cause i like to still hunt and hate sitting on dung-although it's a good plan). 20% success rate on archery last year, and that's deer and nilgai combined. Good luck , hopefully we can up that rate this year!

Comment

How fast are a nilgai's reflexes compared to a whitetail? I have been practicing out to 50&60; but would never take that far a shot on a whitetail.

Comment

I did get a call back from the hunt manager. I apparently forgot to staple the applications together. I did not get drawn. Maybe next year. If I recall the numbers correctly , he said there were like 800 applications for 60 spots. More and more applications every year. Sounded like a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by furboom View Post
                  Congrats Rick. Good luck out there. Did you put in with anyone else. be safe and GOD bless.
                  Thanks Romeo, My wife wife also got drawn on the same date. the kids will be with us on the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander28 View Post
                    Hunt coordinator called me back today and said de-boning in the field is fine. He also said 40 archery permits were dolled out for Teniente each archery weekend, I'm no math whiz but on 6000 acres that's 150 per person. I'm sure they have plenty of no shows but that seems tight at 20 people to me(I probably use more area than most cause i like to still hunt and hate sitting on dung-although it's a good plan). 20% success rate on archery last year, and that's deer and nilgai combined. Good luck , hopefully we can up that rate this year!
                    You're gonna make some people really happy walking around. lol

Comment

Do more people not still hunt or spot an stalk? How does that work

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                        Do more people not still hunt or spot an stalk? How does that work
                        mix of both...a lot of people walking around the first day or so trying to find that perfect spot. We would sit morning and evening hunts and then walk mid-day.

Comment

Just paid my permit . Good luck to everyone that got drawn . Who got picked Nov 12-15 hunt ?

Comment

I sent my payment in just haven't received my permit back yet

Comment

Good luck to everyone who drew. Remember to wear your orange if you are going to be walking around.

Comment

That's one question I did have is when you get to your stand do you have to keep your orange on?

Comment

Working...
                                X