No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like the sun rise on the Brazos river! Every time I go down the banks, I think about what all history the river has seen. And what little we know about it.

Waggoner, those peaches look great! Years ago, I used to ride in the Peach Peddle Festival.

Comment

anyone know if out of state hunters can get a permit i have a friend moveing to tx im trying to get him a permit.

Comment

Originally posted by El suave View Post
        anyone know if out of state hunters can get a permit i have a friend moveing to tx im trying to get him a permit.
        I can't see why not if he's got all the proper paper work (ie, waiver release and Hunters Ed if needed) and a Texas Hunter's license. You should call the office to confirm.

Comment

Only about a month before it's time to get the preseason preps started (finding trails, starting scrapes, a little corn here and there) excitement growing. Hope everyone is starting to practice their archery because if I find an arrow and there's no one around its mine
          Last edited by Ender; 07-07-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Pre-season prep is 90% complete, bow has been shot all summer as usual and tuned except for broadheads (Sept chore) a couple trips scouting- another this weekend with the water level up.

Comment

What's this preseason talk? I thought yall hunted all year.

Comment

Exciting here as well. Been busy with new job. Girls volleyball practices, tournaments and some more with sand volleyball as well, not just indoor. Crazy busy. Glad to hear water is rising. Probably go out next month and scout the areas. Hope to see y'all this season!

Comment

The wife and daughter out of town on a cruise, week to myself ahhhhhhh, the quiet.

Comment

Just a random pic of a shower, 9,500 ft on Indian mountain. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404835311.026159.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	24314321

Temps. This morning are about 60, fitting to go fishing at Jefferson lake.

Comment

Where is indian mt? Looks like a nice place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        Just a random pic of a shower, 9,500 ft on Indian mountain. [ATTACH]632941[/ATTACH]

Temps. This morning are about 60, fitting to go fishing at Jefferson lake.
                        Beautiful pic,.... you dog!

You going after those gay fish too? You know, the ones with the rainbow on their side?
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-08-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Razor, we are between Fairplay and Jefferson... In Park county.

And Mike, I caught 2 today... Pic to follow.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404870319.780554.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	24314403

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404870352.861509.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24314404
                            And there is still snow above 10,000 ft.

This flatlander is gasping for o2...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404870479.242661.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	24314405

This is where Jeremy and Brittany( backwoodsbarbie). Are getting married tommorow.

I have better pics on my drsl. Will post when we come down off the Mt.

Comment

Those are bigger than what I've been catching.

Comment

Buckshot

That's a really nice area, my son and I limited out at the lake in Fairplay one afternoon a few years ago. I prefer fly-fishing the creeks, but fishing that lake made for a couple of good meals

Comment

Working...
                                X