Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank ya sir

Comment

Waggoner, Thanks for the offer. But I need to find a job that pays 10k a year more before I can sign on another lease .

I've also been keep-n up with some of your other post . Good to see ya post-n more. Post-n is therapeutic. Well, for some anyway
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-27-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I did a little cook-n on the grill yesterday. There's a thread in the campfire about my "deep thoughts" if your interested. Just click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Waggoner, Thanks for the offer. But I need to find a job that pays 10k a year more before I can sign on another lease .

I've also been keep-n up with some of your other post . Good to see ya post-n more. Post-n is therapeutic. Well, for some anyway
          I know what ya mean. Thanks TG. Yeah, it's been an interesting time this year and part of last. What's the old saying? It's not so much what happens in life, but how you handle it. Been finding a little tisme to get away to wet a line. Sure is fun to pull them slabs out of the water. If significant rain doesn't fall, me thinks there's gonna be a lot of dead fish by summer.

Comment

Yes, I saw where Twin Buttes and one of the other three lakes that supply San Angelo with water are completely drained dry. They drained Twinn Buttes this past week to fill the last remaining lake so the city can have water.

We need some rain pretty bad, every where.

Comment

does anyone know if Benbrook, Grandbury, Eagle mountain or Aquilla have any boat ramps open? Can't launch where I usually fish. Got to find somewhere to do some fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                does anyone know if Benbrook, Grandbury, Eagle mountain or Aquilla have any boat ramps open? Can't launch where I usually fish. Got to find somewhere to do some fishing.
                Aquilla had some ramps open as of a couple of weeks ago. Not sure they are still but they were last time I was there.

Comment

Eagle Mtn (7.36 low) has 2, twin points or lakeview. If you are catfishin bait has been easy and i been catchin a few decent fish. Sandies are fair also. If you don't know the lake be careful going north, i've almost run aground twice now and i know the lake well. Pray for a Texas **** floater, we need it bad.

Comment

one more week to chase the "corn buzzards" as carlock calls em. I got one more on my hit list I need to kill. it has been a good turkey season.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
                      one more week to chase the "corn buzzards" as carlock calls em. I got one more on my hit list I need to kill. it has been a good turkey season.
                      Dang it. Looks like I gotta wait till fall cause last weekend wasn't in it for me to go. Stayed home.

Hoping for a better luck next fall. While deer hunting as well.

Comment

Aquilla is open as of last Friday
                        I think it will be for a while
                        Never seen it close but I ain't as old as some of you coots

Comment

Anyone going this Friday? Thinking bout heading up thur night.

Comment

Will be at McCown Fri thru Sun, hope the wind lays and the kitties are friskie. Have jugs and shad ready to go.

Comment

Thanks guys. Been moving our shop and working 7 to 7:30 quite a bit and 6 days a week. I need a break. Seems every time I got a day off the wind is killing or weather is bad. May try Aquilla.

Comment

Thanks guys. Been moving our shop and working 7 to 7:30 quite a bit and 6 days a week. I need a break. Seems every time I got a day off the wind is killing or weather is bad. May try Aquilla.
                                we did pretty well up the Nolan the other day. we didn't have but a couple hours to fish. caught 19 fish with 24 minnows. big sandies, two 16 inch crappie and a couple nice black bass

Comment

Working...
                                X