No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, looks like deer season is over on the Vine, especially judging on how the posts have dropped off. I hope everyone had a safe season and enjoyed hunting the Vine. I enjoyed my time out there even though it was not very productive. Due to family issues, I never got to pre-scout out there before hunting. I did manage to take a doe and I had a shot on a nice buck but decided to let it walk to get a little older. I had two bikes stolen from me out there this year. When I bought a new one to ride out there, you can bet I bought a lock and cable to go with it. I guess now I will set my sights on getting out there and trying to find some hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
      Well, looks like deer season is over on the Vine, especially judging on how the posts have dropped off. I hope everyone had a safe season and enjoyed hunting the Vine. I enjoyed my time out there even though it was not very productive. Due to family issues, I never got to pre-scout out there before hunting. I did manage to take a doe and I had a shot on a nice buck but decided to let it walk to get a little older. I had two bikes stolen from me out there this year. When I bought a new one to ride out there, you can bet I bought a lock and cable to go with it. I guess now I will set my sights on getting out there and trying to find some hogs.
      Ha...too busy slaying ducks down in Aquilla to post here After this weekend is over I'll see you all again at the vine hunting the piggies.

Comment

Ok so I spent 6 hours out there the other day walking around seeing if I could jump some hogs and only saw a rabbit. I cannot believe that i didn't see one pig. There was a ton of sign everywhere and fresh tracks and everything no pigs what so ever.

Comment

I'm gonna try to get out there soon and see if I can't stick a pig. I'm itching to get my first bow kill

Comment

Would it be appropriate for me to publicly give out GPS coordinates to a spot where I personally saw a lot of pigs this season? I don't want to violate any sort of etiquette when it comes to topics like these. Lemme know.
            Shane

Comment

I sure wish I would of taken pics of some of the record size mosquitos I took this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                I sure wish I would of taken pics of some of the record size mosquitos I took this year.
                Thermocell is your friend. I know what you mean. There were some areas I thought they would carry me away until the thermocell kicked in.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                  Thermocell is your friend. I know what you mean. There were some areas I thought they would carry me away until the thermocell kicked in.
                  I second that!

Comment

Has anyone been chasing the bacon out there?

Comment

Missed about an 80#er a few days ago, got on 2 different small groups about 10 min apart. May try again Monday when the weather is crappy, they were in very thick cover milling about mid afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
                        Has anyone been chasing the bacon out there?
                        Not yet but I'm about to be trapping them soon. Got on the permit with some of my buddies to trap in Area 2. I'm ready

Comment

Lil Grapevine griller.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got a question for yall, going to be in fort worth this summer so looking for a place to hunt some hogs. Do you have to draw a permit for hogs here or buy a permit OTC or just show up with hunter orange and a hunting license. Also is it bow only there? I have tried to find info online but the regs I have found were confusing and gave a yes and no smoke and mirrors answer. Nice kills in this thread by the way and yall might have answered it and I just missed it has 10 pages is a lot to scan through for info.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              Got a question for yall, going to be in fort worth this summer so looking for a place to hunt some hogs. Do you have to draw a permit for hogs here or buy a permit OTC or just show up with hunter orange and a hunting license. Also is it bow only there? I have tried to find info online but the regs I have found were confusing and gave a yes and no smoke and mirrors answer. Nice kills in this thread by the way and yall might have answered it and I just missed it has 10 pages is a lot to scan through for info.
                              They give out permits just before deer season starts and they hand them out till they are gone. The deer tags are a draw and a lot harder to come by...

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                                They give out permits just before deer season starts and they hand them out till they are gone. The deer tags are a draw and a lot harder to come by...
                                Well dang I was reading it that way but wasn't 100% sure so figured I would ask. Well that throws that spot out of the running, and on to researching LBJ more.

Comment

Working...
                                X