No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not seen any dogs out there but around that same time i did see dog tracks out there. I haven't seen any since then, I also haven't seen any hogs either so maybe thats why. I did see 2 bobcats the other evening i was out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
      I haven't seen any hogs since Nov. I went to the north side hog only area the other day and pretty much the whole area off the bike/ hiking trails are rooted up. Pretty much over the whole area so not really much help on a certain area but obviously they are in the area you would just have to get out there and do some walking.
      Good luck!
      This past summer I saw big hog wallows on that side when I was scouting. It's crazy how dried up it is around there but I haven't been since the rains...hopefully it's gotten more water. And when I was duck hunting at the end of last season up there I saw a big sow and piglets swim across the water to the sandy part of the point (where boats dock in the summer). I was far off but when I looked through my binos I saw what it was. Some hikers and their little dog must have scared them out of their area...lol. I haven't hog hunted it yet but it won't be long. It is a nice hike!

Comment

I have been out here almost all day and haven't seen anything. I took a 3 hour break to get a few chores done for my wife and I've been back for a couple hours and nothing yet. Would think everything would move today. We will see when it gets close to dark I think everything is pretty much nocturnal nowadays.

Comment

I have been out here almost all day and haven't seen anything. I took a 3 hour break to get a few chores done for my wife and I've been back for a couple hours and nothing yet. Would think everything would move today. We will see when it gets close to dark I think everything is pretty much nocturnal nowadays.
          Do you move around any? Try other spots? Sounds like they have you patterned if you're out there that much and not moving around. I've gotten shots on does out there by checking out new areas with nothing but a ground blind seat and finding some good downed trees/brush to sit in.

Comment

Yeah I have a few spots I like this spot I'm in right now but I have only seen 2 deer here out of like 9 sits. I don't really care to move much now that it's close to the end. Really want to get this last doe on video... Lord willing.

Comment

Well, I finally got bit by the public land idiots. Yes, I realize it is public land but I was out there and a group of three guys came walking in on my left. They were just under 100 yds from me and two of them came towards me looking at me from around brush. They just stood there a while talking and then finally moved on. I thought, fine, they are moving off and staying away. Then about 20 minutes later(5:20pm) they came up from behind me and walked up on my right. Stopped there for a minute or two and talked a little then finally moved on. I think they were trying to find some pigs but I don't think the guy in the long sleeve white shirt was going to sneak up on anything. I understand people can walk through, and was hoping they might even push something to me but to stop on both sides of me when I know they saw me was a bit much.

Comment

Did they have weapons! I had three dudes last year with bows and a rifle come by me. Sit and had lunch then walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                  Did they have weapons! I had three dudes last year with bows and a rifle come by me. Sit and had lunch then walked away.
                  Yes, They were all carrying bows but not sure how they were going to sneak up on anything.

Another thing on the hogs, Haven't seen a single one all season. Don't know where they are running. Have seen some rooting areas though.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                    Yes, They were all carrying bows but not sure how they were going to sneak up on anything.

Another thing on the hogs, Haven't seen a single one all season. Don't know where they are running. Have seen some rooting areas though.

I have seen some fresh tracks after the rain on the north side from some fairly big pigs. I want to get out there soon and see if I can't slip up on some. During the winter they move so much it's about impossible to pattern them.

Comment

I have never seen any hogs on the east side. Hunted two years ago and didn't really see any sign to the east but have seen some areas this year they have been rooting in. Seems to be a lot more sign over by I35.

Comment

There was a Doe parade this morning 7 does all in single file and no shot opportunity.

Comment

There was a Doe parade this morning 7 does all in single file and no shot opportunity.
                          Wish they would walk by me again. Haven't been able to get back out there in the last couple days between school starting back up for me and doing some work. Planning on in the morning.

Comment

Well im glad to hear that you folks were nice enough to leave some hogs out there to hunt for those of us who didnt get drawn. How kind of yall!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                              Well im glad to hear that you folks were nice enough to leave some hogs out there to hunt for those of us who didnt get drawn. How kind of yall!

I'm here for you

Comment

was out there Friday and saw something I thought was a little out of place. Walked by a scrape and noticed there was a fresh wet spot in it. Leaned down and smelled it and it was definitely urine. Was really surprised to see a scrape marked this late.

Comment

Working...
                                X