No announcement yet.

sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to hunting NF but found several permanent stands on Sabine '!tional Forest a local told me that the area was "his" personal hunting location

Comment

Catch his last name? I'm related to a lot of folks up there.

You could call in the GPS locations on the stand.

There are a bunch of places to go up there

Comment

Thanks I do have the gps locations but I am not looking to get anyone in trouble just want a fair chance at seeing some deer. It is my grandsons first year hunting and its hard to explain why some people do not follow the rules and that he has to.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
          Our plan is to come up the 17th thru the 21st. Me and couple of buddies will be pulling travel trailer up to either Moore Plantation or Indian Mounds. If at Moore we will be at campsite on CR 114 right before you get to Pine Hwy 2426. Hope plans don't change.
          Should be good timing, with the weather being cooler than this past weekend. I saw a few medium bucks brought in to the biologists check station, one 10 point being the biggest, 16 inch spread. The family was having a blast.

Hopefully, the big boys will moving for you. Good Luck.

Comment

Does anyone know wher I can print a free topo map of the Boles Field area of Sabine National Forest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

I can send you a pdf of a topo and aerial tomorrow.

My Arc program is down right now or I would right now.

Comment

Huxley

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                I have hunted the upper end around Huxley for 40 years. Some good deer.
                I've fished in front of that a house a few 1000 times.
                Grew up right bewteen Scarbers and Huxley Bay. Spent my child hood with the Harvey boys at Harvey's landing. My Dad was a fishing guide for a long time out of there.
                It's something to go back and hunt an area you hunted as a kid a find old deer stands you built 30 years ago in the National Forrest.
                Sorry for the long post but you see much about Huxley on the internet.
                Andrew

Comment

I have seen a bunch of folks fish along there.

My dad probably knew your dad. Where he lives now that used to be Still Waters Marina which my granparants opened and ran for years. Both my parents were born in houses with a few miles of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                    I have seen a bunch of folks fish along there.

My dad probably knew your dad. Where he lives now that used to be Still Waters Marina which my granparants opened and ran for years. Both my parents were born in houses with a few miles of there.
                    That's awesome, cool place over around still waters with a lot of deer on down the road.
                    The crappie ought to start bunching up pretty soon along that river channel there all the way down Bayou Siepe

Comment

Anybody seeing much chasing/rutting in Shelby county/SNF? First time to hunt in over a year, hoping to get my wife on a buck.

We'll be camping at Ragtown, feel free to stop by and say hello. Black SUV, green/white tent.

Comment

love staying at ragtown.

Comment

The rut is full on in Shelby Co. Had 14 Doe sightings, we almost connected with a 9 or 10, but he disappeared out of sight as soon as he disappeared. Had a great weekend, but got annoyed by the ATV riding close by and the semi-auto popping not far away...

Comment

Was coming up to hunt over thanksgiving but we are playing a playoff game on friday.

Comment

Originally posted by AD88 View Post
                              I've fished in front of that a house a few 1000 times.
                              Grew up right bewteen Scarbers and Huxley Bay. Spent my child hood with the Harvey boys at Harvey's landing. My Dad was a fishing guide for a long time out of there.
                              It's something to go back and hunt an area you hunted as a kid a find old deer stands you built 30 years ago in the National Forrest.
                              Sorry for the long post but you see much about Huxley on the internet.
                              Andrew
                              I bet there's a chance I know who you and/or your dad. I went to school @ Joaquin

Comment

Any of y'all hunt off of 201?

I'm looking to get a boundary map of that area. I haven't hunted any of the SNF so I'm not sure where to start. The area off of 201 looks good (from the road) but I noticed what looks to be a deer lease gate on the north side down towards 2343, need a map to know where it starts at.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X