Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Grapevine

Did some scouting out there. off I35 across from texas motor speedway. look real good. hey maybe we can get several people to go out one weekend. i live in Cleburne i would even drive..

did you park off the side of the freeway?

Comment

no i actually drove in there. but i have a 2wd pickup wasnt that great when it was wet. i saw alot of rotting and tracks. you wanna head up there one weekend? where you located??

Comment

im in fort worth, scouted by canoe on last wednesday. just wanted to see how everyone else is gettin into the park.

Comment

You drove in where, Walkerkd? There's no place to drive into the public land at Grapevine, and if there is, you're not supposed to be there. I only know of one place to actually drive in, and it's protected by a crazy guy.

Comment

Larry, is the little bridge on the north end still open? The one that goes to the little airport?

Comment

yea you can get in there thru that airport that gate is open and i parked there as well. i went along the side of the highway 35 where that barrier across from texas motor speedy and drove do to the compressor on that gas well. i parked there and scouted the area all day friday.

Comment

The land right across from TMS where that gas well is is all private property. Just be forewarned...you can be towed from there. That's Luther Lee's land. He's not a nice fellow. We used to go in that opening in the fence over there until we were threatened to have our tires shot flat.

Comment

Mike, the bridge is out. The gate between the trailer park and paintball place just north of 114 on Cleveland Gibbs is locked. You aren't supposed to be able to access the public land from the north on Cleveland Gibbs, either. If something was open, it's not supposed to be.

Look...I'm not being the Grapevine public hunting police. I just know that there is very limited access. If you're driving in that close, you're probably in the wrong area. There are only a few spots to park and walk in on the map. The rest of the areas take some time and figuring out to do it legally.

Comment

i got you. seems kinda odd to have a corp land there and some guy trying to shoot at us! haa haa.. well seems as if you park at the barrier or even down along the side of the road there on the interstate side of that fence should be good. or park back at that airport and hump back thru those woods to get to that area. any ideas? or better yet whats everyone doing?

Comment

Thanks for the advise. heck ive gotten spoiled to whitney and aquilla haa haa.. everything marked and nice access.. just gotta figure out the area seems to be a great place for hog hunting but the drive wouldnt be worth it if its going to be a big ordeal to get in and do some good hunting.

Comment

I was just wondering Larry. My x-n-laws used to live in that t-park, once in the eighties and again in the ninties.

You gonna be up for a hog hunt later this spring at one of my spots (providing the lake don't flood )?
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-29-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Sure, I'll try to make myself AVAILABLE for such a SPECIAL invite, Mike.

Comment

this crazy old guy will definetley get some hunter harrassment charges put on him if he is screwing with my vehicle and im parked legally. like i said in another post i get the feeling that hunters are frowned upon by the public that live around there.

Comment

Guys I check the wells on Luther Lee's lease, his property has been leased out. I have talked with the man who has the place leased and I know he has ,
                              and will call in on you for trespassing, parking etc.
                              The man is usually through there a couple of times a day and he does a lot of hog hunting out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X