No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was muddy and growed up out there sunday.need a freeze .or snow to lay the grass down.

Comment

I went out to scout a little today mid-day. Saw three snakes I almost stepped on. The last one was a good size cottonmouth. I also found a very fresh gut pile from a deer that appeared to have been killed this morning. It was right on the property line (less than 10 yards from it). Almost looked like a rifle kill as you could see the blood splatter from the shot, the blood pool from the wound along with all the dropping as it hit the ground and no blood trail that I could see. So it looked like it just dropped right there. It was also only 20 or so yards from a spot the corp just removed a feeder. So it looked like the feeder paid off even though it was removed.

Comment

Hunted from 4:00 til dark and did not see a thing. Not even walking out. They are just not moving.

Comment

Originally posted by jwiggins View Post
          Hunted from 4:00 til dark and did not see a thing. Not even walking out. They are just not moving.

Glad it's not just me!

J

Comment

The only thing even moving is yotes and mosquitos who seem to be the worst I can ever remember. Come on rain and cooler weather. I thought I was going to fall out yesterday. Even the bill of my hat was soaked from sweat.

Comment

Holy Cow the Skeeters are bad this year. Thermocell is all I can say. I was looking forward to getting out this weekend, but I actually may take one of the few passes for the weekend. The heat, rain, and the moon. We'll have to see.

J

Comment

I think I will save my kitchen passes as well for this weekend.

Comment

Better get in the woods fellas! I didnt get drawn this year, but the pre-rut is going on right now. Saw the most rutting activity this week last year. two bucks fighting, couple following does, and one came back to rattling. The moon and the weather were the same as last year. Good Luck Guys! Hope to be back out their next year.

Comment

I did try it Saturday morning and once again nothing moving at all. So it was not the dry ground that had them shut down. This year and last year are way apart on activity. One of my friends said the deer are in a summer pattern on his place still. Crazy.

Comment

headed out there soon will report later.

Comment

Took a doe this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                          Took a doe this morning!
                          congrats on the public land doe!!!! thats awesome

post up a LDP

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                            congrats on the public land doe!!!! thats awesome

post up a LDP
                            I can do that!

IMG_7380 by Jay DeSimone, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                              I can do that!

IMG_7380 by Jay DeSimone, on Flickr
                              i know that area!!!! lol, just messin i dont know much out there but would love to learn...i am going to try and spend mor etime out there in a few weeks

congrats on a mature animal on public land!!! thats a trophy in anyone's book

Comment

Thanks Fluf. It was a great hunt. Shot her at 15 yards; Double lung hit. Dropped about 60-70 from where she was hit.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X