No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have to get drawn to hunt benbrook lake and from what i hear its not worth it.

Comment

whitney and aquilla are good places to hunt. just ask questions to the guys on the whitney aquilla thread they are very helpfull.

Comment

Thanks for saving me the trouble. I was going to put in for it next year. Right now Im trying to get a hunter saftey course but I dont think I can go till March around here to get the class.

Comment

well just take the course, because without it you cant hunt any public land, especially corps land. its the first thing they ask you for when you get the permits. and on corps land the game warden looks for hunters with no hunters ed to hand out tickets to. wise to take the class and get it out of the way. but if you have hunters ed from another state it is valid here in texas as well. just produce that if you have it.

Comment

I wasnt going to hunt without it. Its not worth the ticket and all the trouble. My home state didnt require it unless you were under the age of 13. So this will be my first one.

Comment

well i've hunted lots of public lands around here so if you need more info let me im on the whitney aquilla thread alot.

Comment

Will do thank you for all the info. You going to naza?

Comment

Well in the state of texas you can get a pass and not have your hunter safety card for 1 year but you have to get it the following year you can also take the written part online and then setup a time to take the field course, but you can get exempt from haveing it if it is your first year hunting in texas. I have mine from colorado and texas honors any states hunter safety course.

Comment

Yeah I saw that but I got a spot for the end of next month to take the course. Thanks for the info though

Comment

H/G you seem to be a little thick headed, I never said anybody was justified in shooting out tires. It was never said that the guy leasing the place had shot any tires. I believe they were referring to Mr.Lee that owns the property. I really dont believe he would do that either, I have been going in and out of his place for two years and have never even seen the man out there.
                      I have met the fella that " LEASES" it and he will " CALL" in on ya for parking on "HIS" lease, it "PRIVATE" property.

Comment

What prohound is saying there is the possibly of someone vandilizeing your vehicle on public property, but it is ok to go on the public property but there is still that chance.

Comment

ok prohound you can leave me alone now. i get your point.

Comment

besides i dont think anyone has sided with you on this one, but ill leave it alone. good "hunting of parking spots to you".

Comment

Couldnt resist could ya!! I live in WIse county where theres several thousand acres of LBJ grasslands. I have several friends with land that joins it. I know for fact they wouldnt be very happy with people driving in on there property and parking, much less cutting the fence, or tearing the hell out of there fields..
                              As I drove out of Luther Lee's today theres three different spots where someone has cut through to the corp lands and three or four different spots where they have drove out into his fields and rutted it all up four wheelin. These are the slob hunters that make it hard on ethical , law abiding hunters. I can see where the man would get a little fired up and lose his temper, as far as the shooting of tires, I doubt it, I bet he calls the law first. In two years I have yet to see a shot up vehicle, and I have seen several down there parked. I will leave it alone , I promise.

Comment

hey pro wanna go hunting down there?

Comment

Working...
                                X