No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know lots of people hunting feeders that did not see a deer all day today. Just a strange day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
      Shi* hole Ft. Benning, GA!!! I can go the rest of my life without seeing that base again. I was there in 2003 for basic (19th Infantry Regiment) and again in 2007 for Ranger School (4th Ranger Battalion). I moved on to 5th Ranger Battalion in Dahlonega, Georgia, where I broke my leg during a repel exercise. But if I know one thing about Ft. Benning, it’s there are hogs everywhere. It sucked seeing them, having a rifle and/or a pistol, and not being able to do anything about it!

Sorry guys, I don't like to talk to much about my past, kind of disheartening. But in case you were wondering, that's where the name Sarge comes from. It's good to have "like-minded" people here, now in more ways than one.

"Rock Steady AJ" and never forget "Ranger's Lead The Way"!!!
      I did my whole stint there, was Delta 2-19IN for OSUT. I also don't like talking about most of it either. Can't count the number of times I was running land nav on Yankee North (or South) and ran across a dozen or more hogs.

Comment

27 feet!?! Holy crap!

Yea, today was different. I saw deer bedded down at 4:00 in places where they are normally feeding, and only saw one young buck moving at twilight. I think with the front coming through, they fed early and then waited it out to see what was coming.

Tomorrow a.m. is going to be windy, but I'm banking on Monday a.m. Should be bucks running like crazy.

John

Comment

I went to cagle fishing today i counted 12 trucks on 149 & 1375 this morning all looked to be huntin, on the way home at 12:30ish 2 does and a maybe shooter 8pt crossed 1375 in front of us almost hit him. if any of yall drive a blue toyota it was about 100yds from your truck they went to the north of 1375..anyways good luck out there...

Comment

Well I got skunked also BUuuuuut, I did see some deer so that's a step in the right direction. I had something push a doe and a yearling out in front of me. They came busting out of the woods on a dead run. Only problem, when the grown doe got the wind on me, it was like she hit a brick wall! She didn't put up with it long and left the scene. No shot opportunity.

Hopefully one will make a mistake in the morning because Sarge has made me hungery for backstraps!

Comment

Originally posted by gusman View Post
              I went to cagle fishing today i counted 12 trucks on 149 & 1375 this morning all looked to be huntin, on the way home at 12:30ish 2 does and a maybe shooter 8pt crossed 1375 in front of us almost hit him. if any of yall drive a blue toyota it was about 100yds from your truck they went to the north of 1375..anyways good luck out there...
              So, this 8 was chasing these does? Is that correct? Probably had to have been, I don't think those doe's would have tolerated him right now.

These deer might be feeling frisky because of this cooler weather!

Comment

I think tomorrow I should be back in the chase. I may be able to sit nice and quiet now without sneezing and coughing. So I think tomorrow afternoon I'll go make a nest near a choke point I found and see what happens. Monday morning for sure also, but figured I should make an appearance before the Lord tomorrow morning and ask for a little devine intervention in the shot category. Can't hurt, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                  Tomorrow a.m. is going to be windy, but I'm banking on Monday a.m. Should be bucks running like crazy.

John
                  Of course, when I have to be at work!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                    Of course, when I have to be at work!!!!
                    It's ok, you can live vicariously through me via text message

Comment

That will work!

Comment

I will be back out Monday, DV

Glad to hear there might be some chasin going on, that gets me pumped!!

Comment

So, this 8 was chasing these does? Is that correct? Probably had to have been, I don't think those doe's would have tolerated him right now.

These deer might be feeling frisky because of this cooler weather!
                          well all i can tell ya is they all ran across at the same time right in front of me and into the woods, just was going to give that info to the fella who was parked there,if he is even on this site..

Comment

[quote=Limbwalker;5961213]27 feet!?! Holy crap!

There are things that give me fear, but fortunately height isnt one of em

Well I got skunked also BUuuuuut, I did see some deer so that's a step in the right direction. I had something push a doe and a yearling out in front of me. They came busting out of the woods on a dead run. Only problem, when the grown doe got the wind on me, it was like she hit a brick wall! She didn't put up with it long and left the scene. No shot opportunity.

Hopefully one will make a mistake in the morning because Sarge has made me hungery for backstraps!
                            LOL, that has happened to me before, fun to see!

Comment

Originally posted by gusman View Post
                              well all i can tell ya is they all ran across at the same time right in front of me and into the woods, just was going to give that info to the fella who was parked there,if he is even on this site..
                              Hey.... uhhhh...... That was me.. But can you remind me exactly where I was again.. because.. uhh. I can't remember..

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                                Hey.... uhhhh...... That was me.. But can you remind me exactly where I was again.. because.. uhh. I can't remember..
                                I see what your trying to do lol

Comment

Working...
                                X