No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she got him this morning about 830 and he wasnt chasin nothin just slow cruisin eatin as he goes.

Comment

its an 8 and better yet it was her first deer ever so she was pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by FozzieBigBear View Post
        [ATTACH]416239[/ATTACH]

When I saw this I thought of all of us in the woods lately!
        Hey Fozzie I'll be out there in shnf on Wednesday all day from about 0800 til dark.

Comment

Well got back home finally. I had a spike show up at the end of the day and I let him pass( that means I could not get a shot off). I got so excited I had to calm myself down and he still turned and walked away at my back. Its funny, I sat in a stand all weekend watching 170 class deer and up and never got excited. But I knew I was not going to get to shoot one. Seeing deer in the national forest gets me going every time. I feel like if I get a shot on one its so well earned. Me and mama have worked very hard to get our first kill and we are still trying. We hope to get it this weekend. We both would love to meet some of yall at the waverly house for breakfast sometime. Good luck to all this week in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
            Well got back home finally. I had a spike show up at the end of the day and I let him pass( that means I could not get a shot off). I got so excited I had to calm myself down and he still turned and walked away at my back. Its funny, I sat in a stand all weekend watching 170 class deer and up and never got excited. But I knew I was not going to get to shoot one. Seeing deer in the national forest gets me going every time. I feel like if I get a shot on one its so well earned. Me and mama have worked very hard to get our first kill and we are still trying. We hope to get it this weekend. We both would love to meet some of yall at the waverly house for breakfast sometime. Good luck to all this week in the woods.
            stay after it Dmack, glad your seeing deer!

Comment

Congrats to your wife ppark! Great deer

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                stay after it Dmack, glad your seeing deer!
                Thanks piney, It is good to see deer even if it is rare and far between. Hate to see your hard times out here too. Hopefully we can all connect soon.

Comment

where is the Waverly house at? Congrats on the deer!

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by QuietTime View Post
                    Hey Fozzie I'll be out there in shnf on Wednesday all day from about 0800 til dark.
                    QuietTime, I have to go back to work on wednesday and work til saturday. I might get out on sunday if the weather is cooler. This heat is not working for me. If you get out on wednesday, I wish you all the luck. Take a shot for me and be careful not to get lost! Take care!

Comment

Waverly house is just where it sounds. :P right in the middle of new waverly! Take 1375 across 45 and where it t's waverly house is across the street... You can find Italian or myself there most weekends around lunch time.. Couple other guys are pretty consistent also

Comment

pparks -- Your wife did good on her first deer! Nice buck, big congrats and a job well done to her. Jimmy Harding at Walker County Ace Hardware, in Huntsville, does some fine Euro mounts and is hard to beat.

On a side note, please tell me you didn't make her drag that deer out of the woods??!!!

Comment

Up in tree with bow in hand, 50 degrees here...

Comment

Good luck to everyone out there this morning! Feels nice outside. Time to ride to the office blind.

Comment

Congrats to your wife ppark. That's an awesome first deer. It's a beautiful morning here. Sitting on the porch at camp watching some does and turkey. It's nice and cool here today. As I was tying this, a cull buck showed up. More deer coming in. Good luck to everyone today.

Comment

Just had a 6pt come in and walk directly under my tree. His left side antlers were deformed.

Comment

Working...
                                X