No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates fron those out this morning?

Comment

Got a wedding to attend this afternoon. I will be out Sunday morning when the weather is cool..

Comment

I collected a lot of trash after someone discharged at least 6 rounds of ammunition near my spot. Decided to scout other areas and somehow my GPS liberated itself from my lanyard. My phone was useless for navigation so I had to fall back on my dead reckoning skills to get back to my car. Next time my compass is going in my backpack for sure. It never should have left it in the first place.

Never seen so much hog sign in my life, including Ft. Benning.

Comment

I quit at 10. It was dead today.

Comment

i quit around 1100, didn't see anything, heard something walking through the woods behind me, but couldn't tell what it was. heard three trees fall as well, one which sounded pretty big.

Comment

I'm seeing so many people with 4 wheelers on trailers pulling in here... Hearing them since yesterday all day... I saw a 4 point and 2 does took a shot at 1 at 45 yards but she jumped the string and I only got a little hair no blood :/ good news is they are defibatly moving in my area today... Now a quick lunch and back out I go.

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
                I'm seeing so many people with 4 wheelers on trailers pulling in here... Hearing them since yesterday all day... I saw a 4 point and 2 does took a shot at 1 at 45 yards but she jumped the string and I only got a little hair no blood :/ good news is they are defibatly moving in my area today... Now a quick lunch and back out I go.
                i heard a bunch of 4 wheelers and dirt bikes yesterday morning where i was at.

Comment

What time did you see the movement?

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                    you have to wear a cap and vest ALL YEAR LONG in the national forest. You NEVER have to wear orange in the archery only sections.
                    Not true. You have to wear orange there too. I got a ticket last week in there for 171. They said they changed it this year.

Comment

took a shot at 1 at 45 yards but she jumped the string and I only got a little hair no blood :/
                      Deer= 1
                      Bushnell Arc = 0

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                        What time did you see the movement?
                        4 point about 8 I guess and a couple of does around 11ish

Comment

I-10 west bound, heading for Leakey. I'll be checking in waiting/hoping for some LDP's. Good luck, gentlemen, and be safe!

PS Pops driving so I'm clear to stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
                            Deer= 1
                            Bushnell Arc = 0
                            Think I'm gonna go to a heavier arrow after the season... Kill some more noise

Comment

Just got back home no deer in my cooler.I let a doe walk yesterday had a fawn with her she came right under my tree 14 yards. This morning I got busted by a cuople of does.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                                Not true. You have to wear orange there too. I got a ticket last week in there for 171. They said they changed it this year.
                                Hope everyone is paying attention! Rules have changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X