No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-4 on that one Fozzie! That's why I got down too! Looks like tomorrow morning is out of the question too due to weather... Oh well, my Texans are playing at 12pm tomorrow so I can prepare for that!

Comment

Good luck this weekend to everyone that is brave enough to be out there with all the crazies. Lol. Headed to the ranch with BK and my son. We are pumped. Hopefully the deer cooperate with us. Regardless, it will be a great time.

Comment

Sarge, I know that spot in your pic. Scouted that general area last yr add had 1 doe 1 time on camera. Might hook up with ya after seasons over for some pig hunts over there. Now a few spots where they usually are...well where fresh sign is lol
        Last edited by rageatvlawson; 11-03-2012, 04:49 PM. Reason: Didn't finish

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
          Good luck this weekend to everyone that is brave enough to be out there with all the crazies. Lol. Headed to the ranch with BK and my son. We are pumped. Hopefully the deer cooperate with us. Regardless, it will be a great time.
          Oh man, I thought yall were already down there! I have been checking on LDP's all day!

Have fun, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rageatvlawson View Post
            Sarge, I know that spot in your pic. Scouted that general area last yr add had 1 doe 1 time on camera. Might hook up with ya after seasons over for some pig hunts over there. Now a few spots where they usually are...well where fresh sign is lol
            Yea there are pig sign everywhere but also a few scrapes... Haven't gotten anything on my cam as of yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sent you a couple PM's by tha way. Give me a shout if ya ever need anything.

Comment

With 30% chance of rain and 60 degree temps in the early hours tomorrow, who's gonna be out? I'm debating on going or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
                With 30% chance of rain and 60 degree temps in the early hours tomorrow, who's gonna be out? I'm debating on going or not...
                Going to drink some cold adult beverages and get that extra sleep before I have to return to work monday from a week off......

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                  Going to drink some cold adult beverages and get that extra sleep before I have to return to work monday from a week off......
                  I'm on that same page Ksig! Enjoying one as we speak. I go back to the rig either Monday or Tuesday and should be out for 2-3 weeks that's why the debate is going on in my head whether to go out or not. On one hand I want to spend time with the wife but on the other I won't get to hunt for 2-3 weeks... If I know what's good for me, I'll be at home hunting a different type of "white-tail" tomorrow! Lol

Comment

After surviving the monsoon last night, norskman and i are at it again...good luck to all

Comment

No deer sightings yet, but weather has been dry and in the 50's. Haven't heard any shots yet

Comment

Question I hope someone may know. The other morning I saw several tiny reflectors on trees that I've never noticed before and couldn't see in the daylight, are those a hunting specific product or something modified for that purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic2105 View Post
                          Question I hope someone may know. The other morning I saw several tiny reflectors on trees that I've never noticed before and couldn't see in the daylight, are those a hunting specific product or something modified for that purpose?
                          those are trail markers . You buy them for that purpose.

Comment

That first and only time I went to hunt my spot, I thought someone was in the woods with me flashing a light at me. I tried to wave my light just as a sign that I acknoledged its presence. It never waved its light back at me so out of curiousity I kept walking towards it, turned out to be one of those reflectors on a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
                              No deer sightings yet, but weather has been dry and in the 50's. Haven't heard any shots yet
                              thanks for making me extreamly jealous. =/ 50's huh

Comment

I may try to bust my *** at work and make an afternoon sit. =P

Comment

Working...
                                X