No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This heat sucks. September was cooler than October this year. No movement 'round here either.

Comment

Been in the tree sents 12:00 so hot I hope my sent away can handel it.

Comment

Has any of you ever had any luck hunting for a pop up blind? I hunt from a tree climber but the spot I am hunting dont have any good trees that are in rang of were the deer are moving. I was thanking of trying my pop up blind. Dose any one hunt from one?

Comment

My first 2 spots haven't panned out but I think this new one may. Check out my cam pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic
            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice area... though I'm more interested in that bodark tree which reminds me I have a selfbow to finish. I have yet to see one of those in the forest, or at least notice one from the horse apples. Good luck there.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                  Nice area... though I'm more interested in that bodark tree which reminds me I have a selfbow to finish. I have yet to see one of those in the forest, or at least notice one from the horse apples. Good luck there.
                  I know where there are a bunch of them.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINJESS View Post
                    Pic 3
                    Nice,deer but I would cut that limb in the way

Comment

No deer or sightings for us this morning. Too dang hot!

Jess -- Is that a rub on the Bois D'Arc Tree? If it is he is a stud for sure!

Damian -- The cams were productive. I learned where they are not traveling and where not to hunt on one of the cams!

The other one showed a bunch of chasing and deer on Friday morning. Wasn't that the coldest morning of this last cold snap? Can't wait for cold weather!!!!:

Here is an interesting pic:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do the deer actually eat the apple looking things? Looks more like a moldy apple with a pineapple center.

No it wasn't a rub just a pine needle and I will get that branch cut ASAP

Comment

Very nice pic Middleton! Did your cam have a bunch of nocturnal movement I had over 100 pics of that buck and several doe but 90 percent were at night. Maybe some colder weather will encourage them to come out in the day

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINJESS View Post
                            Very nice pic Middleton! Did your cam have a bunch of nocturnal movement I had over 100 pics of that buck and several doe but 90 percent were at night. Maybe some colder weather will encourage them to come out in the day
                            Yes Jess, for sure we need the colder weather to come on, because it will get those bucks to start chasing doe's again! That will be the best time to see a good buck in the daylight.

Comment

Jess -- The rub I think I'm seeing is on the Horse Apple tree (Bois D'Arc tree).

It might just be the sun reflecting off the tree though. IDK?

edit: I see it in the pic now, It appears to be a pine needle hanging in front of the tree. Disregard
                              Last edited by TMiddleton; 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                                Yes Jess, for sure we need the colder weather to come on, because it will get those bucks to start chasing doe's again! That will be the best time to see a good buck in the daylight.
                                Awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                                X