No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There ain't anything moving except squirrels. They were here in the dark. I could see em moving but they started leaving when the sun came up.

Comment

They'll be moving 30 minutes before last light

Comment

well i got out a little early. i didnt see anything but ill give it a try this evening.

Comment

I've been out here since 6am, busted one 20 yards behind the tree I'm in. I think I'm ready for squirrel season. I'm so sick of them already. Only my second sit of the season. Ya'll are right about them eating at night, all the corn I put out for last nights hunt was gone this am. I may sit here for another hour then I'm going to eat, I'm starving. Just want to get as much tree time as I can don't know when I'll be able to get back out here. Stay safe & good luck to all.

Comment

So far the only time I saw any movement was from around 6:00 pm and later. Nothing in the a.m.

Comment

Well I busted a doe at about 11:15am after coming out of the woods, she was in a clearing possibly heading toward the game trail I was sitting on. **** the bad luck. I'll go back in a bit and sit till dark.

Comment

I've also only had luck in the evening. Fine with me. I'll sleep in and hunt evenings on weekends.

Comment

I'll be out this Sunday FINALLY! It's been killin me readin all y'all posts and seein the deer taken. Can't wait!!

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Okay, I've been up in the tree for about 30 minutes. Let's see how this evening hunt will go.

Comment

In the woods and not a thing moving but birds and squirrels.

Comment

Good luck to all you guys out there. I'm grounded from the tree stand. Says the gf. :d I was gonna sit in a pop up after she said that but she stated that to. :d

Comment

I drew back on a doe yesterday evening and just as I brought the bow across I hit and broke a small limb. Just my luck everything scattered. I went out this morning and didn't see deer. I did see some buzzards which had me curios. I found a big bodied 4 point which had a nice broadhead hole in its chest. It was probably arrowed on Sunday.

I will probably hunt again Wednesday night. good luck to everyone else.

Comment

JGirsh, was it a legal deer, 13"?

Comment

i found a doe with a broadhead hole they must not have been able to find it

Comment

Hate losing deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X