No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a good buck chasing last night right at dark. Heard him grunting and snorting well before I saw him and when I did he had his nose to the ground and was pushing her along pretty good. Had a smaller buck following along hoping for leftovers. Couldn't tell exactly what they were hauling atop their head but the first was a lot darker and heavier bodied than any of the others. Went back tonite and couldn't hardly get parked there were so many trucks. Oh well I guess. I tried.

HG

Comment

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the buck BIG IRON.

Comment

Back out at my spot at lake W looking for a shooter. Wish it was colder. I seen two nice road kill bucks on my way here this morning. They must be chasing. I'll be out here all week hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
          How's the contest T.O. , I haven't posted in awhile or hunted coe since opening day. Had two rifle hunts one in jacksboro, got a nice doe for meat out of that one, and just got back from san augustine but the wind whipped my butt.
          Nothing down yet! It's crazy that it's this late and nothing shot yet!

KAP

Comment

good luck to all

Comment

Has anybody been seeing any bucks chasing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
                PM sent let me know if you get thanks

Comment

Razorback?

KAP

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
                    I watched a buck chase a doe last weekend. If that offer to drink some cold ones still stands for next weekend, count me in; I'll be solo this coming weekend. If anyone wants to split a camping spot at McCown hit me up.

Comment

Razorback01 here, what is the question? Bucks chasin, nope at least not the first weekend of Nov. Messed up at Hagerman and popped a nubbin. Meat in the freezer, just not what I was wanting. Burned him down with a Judge and a Slick-Trick. Ever heard a ballon pop?

On Friday around noon, daydreaming and missed getting a shot at a wall-hanger (didn't shoot, wasn't ready). Couple of does @40 yards, too far.

Went and set a stand on public land yesterday (it's legal to leave it all season). This coming weekend depending on weather, need a s/se wind.

Good luck to all and congrats to those that have scored.

Comment

Razor I just haven't heard from you in awhile.

And all that are camping at mccown I'll go down and hang out. I live bout a mile from there.

KAP

Comment

My brother found this one dead this weekend on COE land. Said it looked like it had been gut shot, but said it was hard to tell, as most of the back half was already gone.

Would have been a good deer to take on COE land.

Comment

Who else is a southpaw shooter here?

Comment

Originally posted by penn02 View Post
                              My brother found this one dead this weekend on COE land. Said it looked like it had been gut shot, but said it was hard to tell, as most of the back half was already gone.

Would have been a good deer to take on COE land.
                              What area?

9mm IS FASTER THAN 911

Comment

You could still get a nice euro mount outta that.

KAP

Comment

Working...
                                X