Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TO, you put that new cam in action yet? I just put batts in mine. Taken some pics around the house. Fast trigger.

Comment

Yeah, I knew about the reconstructed building, but there's some written history that mentions the original site being further to the west somewhere, but under water. Said that the building was moved and the park was constructed in 1936. Mentioned that in 1982 some folks saw that the building was falling apart, so they got the COE to lease the park to the county, but in 2002 the county couldn't afford the $60,000 the COE wanted for park upgrades, so the lease was broken and the county lost use of the park. There's also a comment that if the county would've waited three more years til 1985, the COE would've been required to pay for the preservation costs of the relocated fort building and other things, because then the fort would've been listed on the historic registry.

It has been a long time since reading some things about the fort at the museum. If the COE would've had more interest in the fort when the lake was being built, maybe more artifacts and stones used in the construction could've been retrieved and saved.
      Last edited by 12 point; 09-02-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I wasnt aware of any of that. I just thought that the building there was original.

Comment

Put out some corn. Gonna try to stick a hog in the early morn hours.

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
            Good luck!

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Already Got My Honey Whole On Kopperls Side Of Whitney, Plenty Off Room

Comment

You see anything on your hog hunt?

Comment

Well nothing showed up except a horde of cattle.

Comment

I just went out to the lease and had about 80 cows come in and destroyed my feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                      I just went out to the lease and had about 80 cows come in and destroyed my feeder.
                      Oh man , that bites. They ate all the corn too I bet. Thanks jeremy, could used some when I set my alarm but forgot to turn it on. Ended about two hrs later than planned

Comment

Well I just got back from a motorcycle ride to Houston. The weather was decent. Seen alot more fire trucks going to grass fires than normal. I plan on going to the Corp office Tuesday.

Comment

Oh man , that bites. They ate all the corn too I bet. Thanks jeremy, could used some when I set my alarm but forgot to turn it on. Ended about two hrs later than planned
                          Lol. Def been there before! So ya didn't have any luck I'm assuming?

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                            Well I just got back from a motorcycle ride to Houston. The weather was decent. Seen alot more fire trucks going to grass fires than normal. I plan on going to the Corp office Tuesday.
                            Are they open on the weekends?

Comment

Mac- I don't believe so. But i have been wrong once before

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

I didn't think they were. Especially on a labor day weekend.
                                I was hopeful tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X