Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
    Yep. That's the way I interpret it. Deer were moving like crazy tonite. I was locked down with them on all sides of me. Totally accidental. Had to pass up my normal area cause of the traffic and decided to just take a gamble on an inside corner that I found last year with good sign. Couldn't get a shot off but came real close and got out without disrupting the area too much. Hopefully tomorrow I can be a little better prepared.

HG
    I'm on vacation all next week. I hope the keep moving like they are.

Comment

In hill county its a 5 deer season limit with up to two bucks. Correct? But only one over 13" which means only one buck, lol. Retarded way of puting it. Guess a buck with a missing antler or spike can fill the 5th tag? Something like this guy?
      Last edited by Texas Stalker; 11-11-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
        In hill county its a 5 deer season limit with up to two bucks. Correct? But only one over 13" which means only one buck, lol. Retarded way of puting it. Guess a buck with a missing antler or spike can fill the 5th tag? Something like this guy?
        You got it or you could go to three different county's and kill three bucks over 13".

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
          You got it or you could go to three different county's and kill three bucks over 13".
          Is this correct???
          I've always wondered what the law is regarding this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
            Is this correct???
            I've always wondered what the law is regarding this.....
            Yes it is. Mac read your hand book.

Comment

TreyRo!

Welcome, and I hope you have a successful season. Congrats on the little one!

Comment

Massey, beautiful harvest! Congrats. and great story to follow up!

Comment

Gonna go out for a mid-day/ evening hunt on b10 anyone down.

Tapatalk is King

Comment

My land backs right up to b10 too. In lakeside village anybody wanna come drink a few and shoot something?

Tapatalk is King

Comment

Y'all seeing any chasing today?

Comment

Yea Stalker, I saw a Burleson police chasing a shoplifter at Academy ;-)

Comment

What did he steal? Did they catch him? Come on details!

9mm IS FASTER THAN 911

Comment

Well, it was a white cop and a skinny black guy so I'll let y'all figure out if they caught him. ( not even close)

Comment

My buddy smoked a big 9 today somewhere around Aquilla and followed it up with a doe. He said he rattled him in and popped him at 40 yards and the buck went 30 yards. Said they were really moving and that he missed a nice 7 and a doe earlier.

Of coarse, I wasn't hunting with him because I decided to go scout a new spot. Its a good one though. I will ask if he minds me posting the pic. I got him around 140 but I am not a great judge.
                              Last edited by BIG IRON; 11-12-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

How's the contest T.O. , I haven't posted in awhile or hunted coe since opening day. Had two rifle hunts one in jacksboro, got a nice doe for meat out of that one, and just got back from san augustine but the wind whipped my butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X