No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary, I don't have any mnt bike parts except some knobby tires. Most of what I have is road-bike stuff. My used roady derailleurs (Shamano) are usually so worn that there is not much to salvage from them. So they usually get chunked. And my current derailleurs on frames, I'm sure you don't want to even look at the price new (Dura Ace & Campy Record 10 Carbon ).

Chains can be pretty cheap to buy for something like your gonna use for. And there are some internet stores that you can find mnt parts for pretty cheap. Some one some where, always has them on clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
      anybody goin out dove hunting?
      Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy-B

Comment

TO, I'm in on the buy in

Mac, I will be headed to Waco for the shoot, what day are you going?

Comment

I had a ok day out in the field today. Had 8 birds on the ground. Try again tomorrow.

Comment

Looking forward to the season. Good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
              I had a ok day out in the field today. Had 8 birds on the ground. Try again tomorrow.
              Was only 8 your fault or the birds Are you hunting public or private?

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                Was only 8 your fault or the birds Are you hunting public or private?
                That time I was hunting private. I was hunting a 30 acre field and couldnt cover the whole thing. I didnt miss but once or twice.

Comment

TO, how is Richland Chambers looking compared with past years?
                  I know the lake level is down, but of course nothing like Whitney. Have you seen many hogs there this year?

Guess I should call some acquaintances that own a large farm there.

Comment

Our lease is about 20 miles from RC. But last I looked it was like 6 ft low or something like that. I'm not sure though. And I gotta a lot of bigger boars coming in on the lease. Here are a few pics from the last few weeks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mbcoym View Post

Mac, I will be headed to Waco for the shoot, what day are you going?

I'm probably going to end up shooting Sunday the way it looks...
                      I want to make both days and shoot Trad Sat. And hunter class Sunday but my schedule is crazy right now. My job is already calling for Manditory over time for that weekend and I have my test for the PD that morning.....
                      I'm still going to try and make the shoot after my PD test, whenever that ends...

Comment

TO, those hogs look pretty healthy. People I know there have a farm near Crab Creek. When I first started fishing and hanging around that area, there far less houses. Now, there are fewer trees in places and more houses. There was a pond on the west side of Crab Creek where the road dead ends into the lake and lots of nice Crappie would go in it when the lake would rise.

If the lake wasn't flooded in the Spring, a person could walk across to the pond and snag some slabs. Not sure who did it, but somebody took a dozer to the pond dam and now the pond doesn't hold enough water. I kind of doubt that the GW's or the tarrant county water authority had anything to do with it, but I've been wrong before. Guess too many folks found out about the fish. I've caught some really nice fish on that shallow end of the lake. Heard lots of hogs too and the people who farm and ranch there catch em in traps.

Comment

HCD where are you finding the Kroil, we used to sell it at Cabelas but they did away with it, it is some good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                            HCD where are you finding the Kroil, we used to sell it at Cabelas but they did away with it, it is some good stuff.
                            Ordered it direct from Kano Labs. Before oil prices rose so high, they used to have special deals on two spray cans including shipping. Also would order it by the gallon.

There's a google deal for two spray cans plus shipping. I don't have the link at the moment, but you should be able to find it pretty easy. Tried to order several, but they would only process one order per request.

Yes, it is some darn good stuff. Been using it for a long time. Next time, I'll order at least a case. One time I saw some in an Ace Hardware and didn't think much about buying the few cans on the shelf until later on. Went back to buy some and they had quit selling it.
                            Last edited by 12 point; 09-02-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

For several years I've tried to get as much info as possible on Fort Graham ,which was established in the 1800's. Does anyone know exactly where on the lake that the fort once stood?

With the lake low, is the original site of the fort exposed or is it still covered with water?

Is it perhaps closer to the Nolan River channel?

Comment

The old fort is still there. It's right off a dirt road back by the park.

Comment

Working...
                                X