Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
    I found this hole in the treelike and put mine in it bout 15ft back. It works pretty good.
    I can't even see it TO!

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

I'm a big fan of shadows and deep cover, whether in a tree, tri-pod, or ground blind. I keep seeing guys ladder and tree stands at Whitney out in the open with 0 cover in front, and a small tree behind them. The sun comes up behind them and highlights their every movement. I move, I swat mosquitoes, I eat and drink; I would never get a shot in that set-up. I'm not a good enough hunter to be out in the open, but luckily Whitney has tons of cover.

Comment

I found a few places similar to those in section I was scouting yesterday, but I didn't see any sign of deer, hog yes, deer no. That seemed to be my biggest problem yesterday, I would find a place where I could set the blind up pretty good, but there was no sign of deer in the immediate area. With the exception of a couple of game trails at most. The best place I found was a small clearing where several game trails came together.

Comment

Per Hill County Emergency Managment the burn ban will be lifted on Saturday's at daylight to Sunday's at dusk.

Comment

Anyone seeing deer movement with the moon being freakishly bright?

9mm IS FASTER THAN 911

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I'll be out there early tomorrow. I'll let ya know.

Comment

Per Hill County Emergency Managment the burn ban will be lifted on Saturday's at daylight to Sunday's at dusk.
                So it's just for the weekend. I wish they would lift it altogether. I am probly going to camp out at one of the parks all next week. It would be nice to have a fire at night.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjunky007 View Post
                  Anyone seeing deer movement with the moon being freakishly bright?

9mm IS FASTER THAN 911
                  A buddy of mine said there were deer all over the place this afternoon out at Whitney.

Comment

Ad, we all know there isn't any deer at lake W. They are all at lake A.

9mm IS FASTER THAN 911

Comment

I meant to say lake A. I've only seen coons at lake W all season.

Comment

Thank's TO...I will bring plenty to burn..

Comment

That Sasquatch killed all the deer at Aquilla remember? Don't hunt there.........EVER!

Comment

The Sasquatch at Lake A. doesn't have anything on what is running around Lake W.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I saw that. Thats the ghost of one of the many victims of the Gay Sasquatch. I'm telling anybody who reads this thread, whatever you do don't be in them there woods after dark. Or in the gay sasquatch's case......during a rainbow. He loves boys in camo.

Comment

I only use my pop up when the kids go with me. I had one spot in a big cedar that I hunted out of that I used cord and bungees to tie back branches to make a hole and didn't need to cut anything. It was pretty sweet.

TO, I sent that guy your info. It would be cool if it could work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X