No announcement yet.

2011 - 12 Granger WMA Postcard Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised yall have shot that many in unit G, that place is wide open with no cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      Surprised yall have shot that many in unit G, that place is wide open with no cover.
      I'd guess that at any moment the San Gabriel unit has a couple hundred hog in it. Deer too.

That unit is huge, full of nooks and crannys, plenty of places to hide and escape when under pressure.

Hunting the points can be a challenge that's for sure but very rewarding.

Comment

There's no pigs or deer in the San Gabriel unit!. There all in pecan grove!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
          Lol here we go with that again.

Comment

Lol . Anybody know anybody hunting this week? Just wondering if anybody is seeing much.

Comment

All but Sore Finger is closed for the drawn hunt till Saturday. I'm heading out Saturday morning. I've seen quite a few deer the last few times I've been out. Just haven't been able to close the deal.(yet)

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post

No no no no. They're in Sorefinger. Nobody ever hunt there.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                  Here's an old one. Stars are where Hogkiller and the rest of our huntin crew have harvested, shot at, or made contact with deer or hogs over the years.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bev0 View Post
                    All but Sore Finger is closed for the drawn hunt till Saturday. I'm heading out Saturday morning. I've seen quite a few deer the last few times I've been out. Just haven't been able to close the deal.(yet)
                    I thought DRAW HUNTS start on Monday noon and ends on Friday noon.

Comment

Whats going on out there ? Any update on the draw hunts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Team me View Post
                        Whats going on out there ? Any update on the draw hunts ?
                        I searched the Drawn Hunts booklet and found this:

• Available HUNT DATES will be assigned to drawn applicants according to the preference of date codes indicated on their application
                        card. Most Special Permit hunts are two-day hunts, which start at noon on the first day and end at noon on the third day. Some
                        Special Permit hunts are of different lengths, ranging from one to five days.

Maybe Trey can clarify for us. For now I'm planning to play it safe and wait till Saturday morning.

Comment

unit closure dates, Nov 14-18, Nov 28-Dec 2, Dec 12-16, Jan 2-6.
                          all except sorefinger
                          as per TPWD.
                          not sure on exact times(noon or shooting hours)

Comment

No I meant an update on if anyone shot anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bev0 View Post
                              I searched the Drawn Hunts booklet and found this:

• Available HUNT DATES will be assigned to drawn applicants according to the preference of date codes indicated on their application
                              card. Most Special Permit hunts are two-day hunts, which start at noon on the first day and end at noon on the third day. Some
                              Special Permit hunts are of different lengths, ranging from one to five days.

Maybe Trey can clarify for us. For now I'm planning to play it safe and wait till Saturday morning.
                              After noon on Friday should be fine - Happy Hunting! TREY

Comment

Draw hunt update?????

Trey,
                                Any updates on the draw hunt going on this week?
                                Mainly any LARGE BUCKS?

Comment

Working...
                                X