No announcement yet.

Aransas nwr 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the link to follow for the refuge hunting permits.

Originally posted by prussell82 View Post
    I bought a bow hunt permit for this year. Never been before. Any advice that y'all are willing to share with me on trying to have a good time and successful hunt? Everything will be appreciated, just trying to get a handle in how it is out there. Do they have a place to skin and quarter any deer or hogs I may get? Thanks everyone!
    I'd for sure take the IBEP Class at the refuge. Its a big help and gives you a 3yr-5yr jump start on refuge hunting experience.

1. 3'-5'-7' tri-pod. Don't be afraid to hunt out in the grass or middle of the day on a water hole.

2. Thermacell is a must!!!!!

3. Snake Boots

4. Set up off the road a good bit.

5. If its dry water holes are good to hunt. Here's a good website that shows the water holes.

Explore research at Microsoft, a site featuring the impact of research along with publications, products, downloads, and research careers.

6. Drink plenty of water.

7. Don't speed or litter, that really bugs the refuge.
    Last edited by Thumper; 07-09-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Here's the link to follow for the refuge hunting permits.

Comment

Any luck on rain down there? Had a little hit San Antone, but just enough to make it humid!

Comment

Same on this end.

Comment

Better than nothing!!

Comment

Since the person in charge of the count is slacking. Its 79days and a wake up. Calendar is starting to get real slow.

Comment

Getting close. Time start getting my stands fixed up and gather all my thermacell stuff up

Comment

Your just starting I'm thinking after taking inventory I need a couple more stands for good luck. Now just to brake the news to the warden.

Comment

Getting a late start due to fishing. Yeah I think I'm going to pick up a few more also just to make sure

Comment

I want to hunt leg-stickers stand....

Comment

I have a couple stands ready, and going through all of my gear. Academy is about to sell out of thermacell!! lol I am super excited for this years hunt to start...

Comment

Have plenty of seats for the IBEP course left. Class dates are Sept.17th and 18th class starts at 0730. If you would like to sign up give me a call 361-222-1152 (DANNY).

prussell82 make sure you have plenty of refills or you will learn what the refuge really has as far as a sketter population. Take it from me they sketters at aransas are well trained in attacking bowhunters.

Comment

Yes, am rapidly stocking up on them, my goal is to have way more than I need! I would like to come home with roughly the same amount of blood I leave with!!

Comment

Good luck with that one. Thermacell won't help on the walk to the blind. Just do like we talked about and you should be fine. The bad part is getting dressed on the side of the road after the truck's have awakened the sketters.

Comment

That walk to the stand first thing in the morning is the longest walk. And your right you can't get dressed fast enough. Best thing I have found is to spray your clothes at camp before you head out. As the day goes just keep touching them up with bug spray. And make sure to tuck everything in to help with ticks.

Comment

Working...
                                X