No announcement yet.

Aransas nwr 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many days??? too many. Its good know to know exactly where to go to get the lastest info on the Aransas hunt, thats right here. I'm still around, ready to go again this year...... so they will start taking apps on July 1st? Lets go....

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
      Here it is if you have questions please give me a call 361-222-1152 ( DANNY)

Cash payment will be accepted at the Visitor Center beginning September 30th. ........
      ????????

Hunt starts the next day?

Comment

Sorry forgot to add they will be allowing hunters to come during the hunt and pay to hunt the days left. Don't know if it will be full price or not. See Ya''ll at the fuge.

Comment

TOM TOM its 100 days and a wake up.

Comment

Already took a few days off work so I can make it. Now just have to start getting everything together. I really hope they get some rain down there soon.

Comment

About 2 inches the last 2 days in Rockport, Aransas area

Comment

Good news, that rain will green things up and give the deer something to eat. Probably could use another 10" but not all at once, and not right before the hunt.

That's good they'll be selling permits during the hunt, they've been selling only about 250 permits. If the hunting ever picks back up to like it was back in the early days this will change. Could also chane by going to an outside nationwide company to sell the hunting permits. What happens if anti-hunters start buying up the hunting permits? Just saying.

400 total permits ????. It use to be unlimited, then 600, 500, and now 400. The reason first given for going to the limited number of permits was to get the hunters to sign up early. The refuge director promised they'd increase the number of permits back up if the need ever rises. This was the year before the closing of the free camping along the dead-end FM road leading to the refuge. This has killed the number of hunters(order came straight from Rick Perry's office). Having to pay $15 a night just to pitch a tent really turned off the hunters. Maybe some day we can get free camping on the refuge.
                Last edited by Thumper; 06-24-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

It really sucked when they closed camping off the road. That's a good idea they should allow hunters to stay on refuge by office.

Those dang skeeters are 1 bad mamma jamma.

Comment

Thats good to hear that they are getting some rain down there. Im still trying to figure out where im going to stay when I head that way. The drive from Aransas Pass to the refuge doesnt seem to bad until you do it after a long day in the stand.

Comment

Patience brother we will have room. You can stay with us. GEt you more details later working on a few things for the hunt now. Don't worry about it.

Comment

Applications are now available online just go to the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge website. Please pass this information on THANKS.

Comment

I bought a bow hunt permit for this year. Never been before. Any advice that y'all are willing to share with me on trying to have a good time and successful hunt? Everything will be appreciated, just trying to get a handle in how it is out there.

Do they have a place to skin and quarter any deer or hogs I may get?

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Got my permit......there will be 3 of us from the old Team Showboat bunch. looks like we'll hunt through about Wed. or Thurs. prussell82 - there is a place to skin and quarter your game, they usually have the game freezer there open also. Its all at the gate that you go in out of going to the hunt areas. We'll be hoping for early cold fronts, we're going about about 15 straight days up here in Longview with 100 degrees or higher, 103 here today......maybe this heat means an early fall......lets go....

Comment

prussell82 if you would like to give me a call I will try and answer any questions you may have about the refuge (361-222-1152) Danny. Been hunting there for 18yrs may have some things that will hunt you have a fun hunt.

tom tom look for me at hoppers have a sticker in my back window that says Texas BoneCollector. Ya''ll coming to scout the weekend of the IBEP class.

Comment

Bone and Tom Tom, thanks for the info! Bonehead- is there a good time to call?

My boss has decided to go with me, we are thinking Wednesday through Sunday, but we will see. Have plenty of vacation time so may do all 9 days and see how full I can get my freezer. Or just look at snakes and skeeters all weekend, so long as I am out there I will be happy!

As of now I will be unable to attend the class. Unfortunately I have other obligations that weekend. I really wanted to go through the class, as I have never before, and wanted to learn about ANWR while at it! My boss has taken the course before, so will he still be able to early scout too?

In San Antonio I have been working in 100 degree heat too. Wishing for a good, early cold front, and a good rain in the next month. Seems tol work out that way here, strong rain in JUly or Aug. after a drought and hot spring. People are worried that historically we flood late july or aug after a drought like this year. We will see. Usually we get a better winter after super hot summer too.
                                Fingers crossed for a great hunt. Let me know when to call you. Or if you are busy, as I have a dead weekend, you can call me when yolu are free. (210)430-3658 (Patrick)

Comment

Working...
                                X