No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I am getting reports here in Africa that you all are getting some rain, is this true or false or in a different AO???

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
      Archery season no....General season you must ware at least 400" of orange at all times while gun hunting....Archery hunters only have to ware it to and from your stand
      Hey Matt just to clarify on guided hunts once the hunter is in the stand they can take off their orange but thesecond they get out of the stand the orange must be back on their head and shoulders and stay there until they get releaseed by the guide or back to the sportsman center. I have been telling my hunters that since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
        Hey I am getting reports here in Africa that you all are getting some rain, is this true or false or in a different AO???
        Kevin parts of Cove got some rain dont know if it hit your parts of the woods. But did not touch Killeen.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyHunter68 View Post
          are you talking about the little pop camo tents you sit in? ok noob question, you are required to have 400sq in of orange when on fort hood right? how are you allowed to be in a blind, or is the rule just for when you are moving through the woods?

AH68 it is not all that bad. http://forthoodhunting.com/ here is the link to the sportsman center. Under REGS you will find all of the information you need. Now tomorrow 15 Aug the new hunting Lic come out that means the new regs should come out and currently they still have the 2010-2011 regs on the web site. there are some changes for 2012. And the Game Warrden well tell you after he takes your game and gives you a fine that NOT knowing the regs is no excuss.

Comment

Hey y'all been awhile me and Twobangr had a great trip
            Up north with a high of 90 I didn't want to leave.
            I just got the word that some privet property is still Oppen
            To me. Has there been any word on the quota for this year
            I would like to find out as soon as posible
            Good lock to all Flip

Comment

yeah, i plan on learning the regs to the t by the time i get home, and if im not sure i am not afraid to ask. id rather be safe then sorry. i did not have the 13in spread rule back home in virginia so that is new to me too. i would hate to be 1/4 in off. if its close i plan on letting it walk.

Comment

yeah, i plan on learning the regs to the t by the time i get home, and if im not sure i am not afraid to ask. id rather be safe then sorry. i did not have the 13in spread rule back home in virginia so that is new to me too. i would hate to be 1/4 in off. if its close i plan on letting it walk.
                This will be my first year with the 13" spread too. Better to let it walk if it is questionable. I know there are deer there that meet the 13". It is just a matter of time before one walks in front of my stand.

Comment

AH68 Letting it walk is sometimes the best thing to do. I am a Guide for areas 45/46 and and I have had some hunters get their deer taken and they recieved a fine I also have had hunters tag their deer have the right aditude and the Game Warden took the deer and gave them a good tounge lashing but no fine. The Game Wardens are human but Buck fever is not an excuss. Several years ago my area was Doe only and I had a hunter shoot a young 2 yo 5 point he had a bad aditude GW gave hime a 520.00 fine. The stories I am telling are about rifle hunting so a hunter can not say they did not shoot you have 13 hunters in an area and one shoot and everyone comes out saying they did not shoot give me a break so then you start saying did you hear it and where and then you go and look and you can find the little mistake in a ditch or off a cliff. It does not take rocket science. Plus I have a kill card with all of the hunters with their permit on wich stand they were on so when the GW call and say that a coyote has a deer by stand ? we know who it was.
                  This was a little rant but as long as you shoot mature 4-5 yo or old deer they will make the 13" spread. Let the little ones grow.

Comment

John, Yeah the wife said we got about an hours worth of rain the other day out in Lampasas, good news for sure, I am looking forward to DEC need to do some Doe control and coon control on my place. The boy says that we got a reall nice buck on the property but has not checked the camera yet he will today to see what he is talking about.. Booked a weekend hunt for Kevin Tanner and I at Thompson Temple for some Rams, it will be fun for him to get his first critter with a X Bow.

Comment

Ok, so I have had my camera out for 4 days now, and not a single pic of anything but me walking up to it. Hopefully I will get some this week.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                        Ok, so I have had my camera out for 4 days now, and not a single pic of anything but me walking up to it. Hopefully I will get some this week.
                        Be patient , if you have corn out something will come . I find it is hit or miss I will get a few deer that come for a few days and then disappear for a few days. The hogs are coming every day though, I am going to get out and fix that problem very soon.

Comment

Hoff get down in the low ground areas along the dry creek beds, there aint any water so it will take them a bit of time to find it, I would check back in two weeks or so, usually Matt and I left our stuff out for a month at a time before we even checked the cards...

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                            Hoff get down in the low ground areas along the dry creek beds, there aint any water so it will take them a bit of time to find it, I would check back in two weeks or so, usually Matt and I left our stuff out for a month at a time before we even checked the cards...
                            Yeah, I plan on leaving it out for a couple weeks, then check it.

Comment

is there place around fort hood that does game processing? if so how do you bring it to them, just field dressed or do you need to skin it first?

Comment

is there place around fort hood that does game processing? if so how do you bring it to them, just field dressed or do you need to skin it first?
                                Lots of places to choose from. Every little town around here has a place or two. One of the best is outside the Temple area. Green's meat market in Zabcickville.

Comment

Working...
                                X